Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Anomolous drop in crime- carry related? 
 Post subject: Anomolous drop in crime- carry related?
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm 

Today's Star Tribune had an article on a drop in crime across American that has the experts baffled. I wonder: has the expansion of "shall issue" and greater respect for gun rights in general contributed? The article noted that New York City did not share in the general decline- and of course New York still has restrictive carry laws.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anomolous drop in crime- carry related?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Lumpy wrote:
Today's Star Tribune had an article on a drop in crime across American that has the experts baffled. I wonder: has the expansion of "shall issue" and greater respect for gun rights in general contributed? The article noted that New York City did not share in the general decline- and of course New York still has restrictive carry laws.

I would say yes. I would think crime would increase some do to the poor economy tho. I do know crime will sky-rocket in Kalifornia soon, SCOTUS ruled that Kalifornia's prisons are overcrowded and they would have to release 46,000 inmates...

http://jurist.org/tinyurl

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am 
The Man

Lumpy wrote:

Lott's studies makes it clear that there's some contribution, but that it's not nearly as dramatic as the actual drop that we're seeing. What's really causing it? I don't think anybody knows, although there's pretty clearly a lot of factors. Carry reform is among them, but it's probably a very small part of the picture . . . although not to anybody who has ever used a gun in self-defense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

It truely has me confused, with the gang strike force disbanded, and the spike in gang crime that followed... But even that was spike was pretty minimal.

To be honest I have not noticed a change in crime in my area (n mpls) (we currently seem to have a serial burgler) could it be a change in reporting or the way the stats are measure?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:08 am 

I've also heard can't rember the source though. Some of the gang members are getting older so that has some effect. It's probably a combination of several things.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.