Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 How often can you purchase in Minnesota? 
 Post subject: How often can you purchase in Minnesota?
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:49 am 

Does Minnesota have a waiting period between handgun purchases?

Can I buy one today then get another one in say a week if I wanted?

Im assuming that everything else is in order, like permit to purchase and the check they perform when you do purchase.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: How often can you purchase in Minnesota?
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:07 am 

TC95GT wrote:
Does Minnesota have a waiting period between handgun purchases?

Can I buy one today then get another one in say a week if I wanted?

Im assuming that everything else is in order, like permit to purchase and the check they perform when you do purchase.

Thanks

No waiting period with a permit to carry or a permit to purchase. You might get a "hold" if someone with the same name is on "prohibited" list. Generally you show the permit, complete the form, pay your money and take the gun home when buying from an FFL.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 am 
Forum Moderator

As noted, not problem making as many purchases as your wallet allows. However, before making multiple gun purchases (handgun) from the same dealer in a 5 day period, at least be aware that this triggers different reporting requirements and your local LEO will know that you made a mulitple handgun purchase. Some people don't care, others may be wary...

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:30 pm 
Delicate Flower

phorvick wrote:
As noted, not problem making as many purchases as your wallet allows. However, before making multiple gun purchases (handgun) from the same dealer in a 5 day period, at least be aware that this triggers different reporting requirements and your local LEO will know that you made a mulitple handgun purchase. Some people don't care, others may be wary...

Multiples several times.........no problems yet. I understand the dealer has to send in a seperate, additional form if 2 or more are purchased in 1 weeks time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

ttousi wrote:
phorvick wrote:

Multiples several times.........no problems yet. I understand the dealer has to send in a seperate, additional form if 2 or more are purchased in 1 weeks time.
It is not so much the issue of problems, but the issue that I don't think it is anyone else's business what I buy so long as I am not doing anything illegal. Hence, I don't relish the thought of local LEO being informed of my purchases. None of their business. Of course, others may not have that tin foil hat on as tight as mine. :)

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

With all the blatant privacy violation issues as of late, I'm beginning to wonder about our wonderful Govt. (State AND Federal).

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

Once when I was purchasing a handgun, dealer asked me if I wished to add 2 more handguns (something cheap in .22 ) on the paperwork, so he can mention all 3 while on the phone with NCIS. Or I had an option to come a week later. 8)
I came a week later... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:05 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

bigval wrote:
Once when I was purchasing a handgun, dealer asked me if I wished to add 2 more handguns (something cheap in .22 ) on the paperwork, so he can mention all 3 while on the phone with NCIS. Or I had an option to come a week later. 8)
I came a week later... :lol:

Ahh, that doesn't sound right.

The NICS check is valid for 30 days at that dealer. I'm not sure if you give any info about the gun.
The multiple handgun purchase is a form, no phone call.

Maybe he was just trying to up-sell you. "you can have 3 guns for just the price of 2 more!"

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.