Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Class Tonight 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:47 pm 
Forum Moderator

Fyrwys wrote:
Quote:
you may get a hug with me stating my undying love for you........

Well had I known that, I would have tried harder to switch my schedule around... :lol:

I already load for 5 different calibers on a Dillon 650 , but the drunk guy telling stories sounds like the real education taking place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Would love to be in on the next class. PLEASE.....yeah I can grovel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:50 pm 
Raving Moderate

As would I. I've next Thurs. free, if that's the schedule.

Jeremiah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:10 pm 
Delicate Flower

Quote:
I think that Rothman and I are going to produce a video of "How To Reload" and post it here sometime.

Is it done yet Andrew :?:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

mobocracy wrote:
Fyrwys wrote:
Quote:
you may get a hug with me stating my undying love for you........

Well had I known that, I would have tried harder to switch my schedule around... :lol:

I already load for 5 different calibers on a Dillon 650 , but the drunk guy telling stories sounds like the real education taking place...

Ya the more you get in him, the more stories he tells, and the more firearms that come out. :)

Very thankful there was no drooling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Really a good time. Good stories, nice firearms, and we were (a little bit) productive! Lots of good info about what to do and more importantly what not to do.
I am going to take the .38s out for a spin tomorrow. I am so excited!

I want to learn how to do autoloading pistol (9mm/.45) and rifle (7.62x39 and .223) at some point in the future, if you would be willing.

A word of warning, watch out for the cat, she snuck up on me and purred real loud. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:58 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Shes a brute (the little cat....)

Rifle is another issue alltogether.... We will get there - walk before you fly....

If you cannot have a good time and laugh a little - what is the point.... Life is too short to take yourself too seriously. A good sense of humor is required.....

glad you had a good time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

I shot 4 rounds that we reloaded to the range last night. The first one made me a little nervous, because I have heard of bad things happening to reloaders and their firearms.

There was no need to worry. They all shot great and by the end of it, I had a huge smile on my face and a small pile of brass.

Thanks again Pinacle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:31 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
I shot 4 rounds that we reloaded to the range last night. The first one made me a little nervous, because I have heard of bad things happening to reloaders and their firearms.

There was no need to worry. They all shot great and by the end of it, I had a huge smile on my face and a small pile of brass.

Thanks again Pinacle!

I bet it was like prom night.... Ooooohhhh the memories...

You are welcome .............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I took my carry class today with Teresa up at Bill's North...excellent!

I saved all fifty pieces of brass that I shot during the proficiency test.

Pinnacle, when might you be offering another night of tutorial/shenanigans?

Thursdays don't work for me, but I'd really like a good introduction to reloading if you're willing.

Shot my Colt King Cobra .357 (using Remington .38 Special +P 125 grain semi-jacketed HP) and managed this:

39 five-pointers, 5 four-pointers, 3 three-pointers, and 1 two-pointer. You may notice that only adds up to 48 shots. Well, either I completely missed the target on two shots or they went through another hole and were thus undetectable...I prefer to believe the latter ;)

I scored 226, which doesn't include the two unaccounted-for shots. Pretty happy with how I did considering I've only been shooting handguns for about a month...this was the fourth time shooting the Colt and the first with 38 +P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:28 am 

I am booked for this week - a lot of things that I have to do in the office - late hours this week.

We will see what happens next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:32 pm 

I just got around to shooting my +P .38 reloads last night from my 340PD J-Frame. It's a very light scandium frame, so you tend to feel the everything. I shot them first, then went on to shooting Winchester White-Box.

The reloads were very consistant and felt very smooth. The J-Frame didn't bite my hand the way it usually does. In talking to Pinnacle, I learned that this is due to the medium-speed burning powder we used. The Winchester rounds use a much faster burning powder, resulting in much sharper recoil for the same power round.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.