Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pony Express Reloaders 
 Post subject: Pony Express Reloaders
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

FWIW to you reloaders.

According to the Oakdale Gun Club's newsletter, Pony Express Reloaders has been reopened under new owners as Pony Express Ammunition Manufacturers, Inc. I tried to go there earlier this summer, for the first time to look around, but they were closed due to the owner having some medical problems.

Pony Express Ammunition Manufacturers
608 E. County Road D and Edgerton
651-483-9406

I don't know much about them (that's why I went to see), but they are located on the frontage road on the south side of where 694 and 35E run together. Best way to get there is from I-694 to Hwy 61.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to scout it out and report back. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:59 pm 

I haven't been to Pony Express in years. Last time I was there it was a smallish mom & pop store carrying most reloading needs. As I recall both mom & pop weren't in the best health last time I was there.

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Yup - Grandma and Grandpa shop
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm 

They seemed nice enough, and their prices on brass and bullets was good. The only rap on them was that they got involved in the mega pissing match between the two idiots who invented the 50 Beowulf/.499 L-W, and the two inventors wound up splitting up and fighting over this half-assed design like it was worth something. A lengthened 50 AE case with a case head ONLY the size of a 7.62x39 is absolutely perverted looking, and if you own a 50 AE and see how much of a beating a 44 mag case head takes, you would know how much of a joke this caliber is. Pony Express backed the losing side that was 499 L-W and later got renamed. but it's a minor footnote in an otherwise good company that was around for many (like 30?) years. They had 50 gallon BARRELS of used brass in the back shed, and if you can find the place it's a good place to scrounge, but their selection is not as good as Wolf's Den in variety, and nothing compares to John Boy at the Gunstop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:21 pm 

Just recently stopped to pick up some powder that Wolfes Den doesnt carry and it wasnt worth the trip to GS as the powder was all I needed. Powder price was about par with Sportmens Warehouse and they are starting to build up a inventory. If you live close or can warrant the trip GS is still the go too place.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.