Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Cost analysis of reloading setup 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:02 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

mobocracy wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
I have also while wearing safety glasses gloves etc completely crushed flat primers in a pair of pliers just to see what happened with no kabooms <<MAJOR SAFETY RISK DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON YOUR OWN.

I'm not that brave/stupid, but I have been sorely tempted to put on safety glasses and my motorcycle helmet and hit a primer with a hammer to see what happens (outside, on concrete).

I'm guessing it makes a firecracker-loud noise and would probably pit the concrete.

Try this

In a land far far away a long time ago - I was sitting in the firehouse using the hand primer to load a whole big huge batch of 35 Remingtons - I spilled a bunch of primers.

We started to play around as a bunch of knuckle draggers will when bored - we crushed some primers in the bench vice - nothing - then hit the vice with a hammer lightly - BOOM...

Nothing spectacular - but interesting that the shock of the hammer would set the primers off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:08 am 
Forum Moderator

Pinnacle wrote:
Nothing spectacular - but interesting that the shock of the hammer would set the primers off.

What's that part called at the back of most guns that falls when you pull the trigger? A hammer...? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm 

I have spent the last several days reloading and wasnt sure to post here or in the deals section, If anyone is interested I have appx 10k of once fired Fed small pistol primers that I would let someone have a heck of a deal on :twisted: :lol:
As an aside I will guarantee any one useing these primers with not have any of those pesky squib loads that get stuck in the chamber and or barrel.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:04 pm 

scrap em for the brass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rem700 wrote:
I have spent the last several days reloading and wasnt sure to post here or in the deals section, If anyone is interested I have appx 10k of once fired Fed small pistol primers that I would let someone have a heck of a deal on :twisted: :lol:
As an aside I will guarantee any one useing these primers with not have any of those pesky squib loads that get stuck in the chamber and or barrel.

That sounds like a heck of a deal! I have some water front proprty that I will trade you, if you are willing. :)

Post subject: IZZAT you, John-Boy??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:07 pm 

The only person I know who is lame enough to try and sell "once fired" primers is John-Boy from the Gunstop, and the 10k number sounds about right, too. He's got a big bucket of them useless sumbitches, and just WAITS for some yahoo to ask him about them so he can try to sell them off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Also for sale or trade:

10,000 22 LR once fired brass. Mostly Remington and Winchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:47 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
Rem700 wrote:

That sounds like a heck of a deal! I have some water front proprty that I will trade you, if you are willing. :)

How much you got? I should start loading large pistol primers next week and can throw them in the deal as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:04 am 

So when is the next Pinnacle Reloading Class?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:31 am 

When I manufacture time out of thin air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:52 am 
Longtime Regular

You are going to have to teach me how to do that. Is the setup expensive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:00 am 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
You are going to have to teach me how to do that. Is the setup expensive?

No, it just takes a LOT of time :-)

Post subject: And my old memory...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 pm 

Also seems to recall that John-Boy shoots a Remington 700 .308 in competition when he has the time - There can't be TWO people in this state trying to sell USED primers, can there??

(Yeah, yeah, I KNOW how many Norwegians there are in this state!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
Any suggestions for "position" on the form other then "Dark Lord"? Or does that not need to be filled in?

from: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp

1/14/05

Q: There is some confusion as to filling out item #7 on the F7CR.. If you checked "individual" on #6, what "position" do you fill in on #7? Also, if the C&R is for individual collecting, why (in item #6) are other categories listed? What would be examples of some of the other categories?

A: If you are an individual applying for license your position would be "owner". The other categories are there for individuals who apply as partners or corporations. You can apply as such for a curios/relics license. An example would be a partnership between siblings or spouses or friends.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.