Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brass Monkeys 
 Post subject: Brass Monkeys
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:23 am 

I just have to vent.

Went to Bill's South yesterday over lunch, I normally go to the North one, but a friend works in the area and wanted to shoot over lunch. So off to the South.

My firend and I are both shooting 9mm and after I finish shooting my first 2 magazines I turn to pick up my brass and my friends and not a piece on the floor, I do however see a guy walking away cupping his hands full of brass. I kindly ask if he is collecting brass and he says yes. I tell him that most people ask shooters before taking their brass, as I reload also and keep mine. He gets pissed and tells me then I should not leave it laying around. He then proceeds to walk off with my brass.

My friend and I relaod magazines and try again. Second times a charm becuase again after shooting some other guy to our left is quickly grabbing every piece of brass from our two lanes and the next two down. I'm now pretty upset and give this clown the same speech about asking and he just shrugs us off and deposits our brass in his bag.

All said we shot 300 rds over lunch and got less than 50 rds of our brass back.

Bills south is off my list until they set these guys straight. The range guys watched these idiots and when I said something to the, what looked like the 12 years old clerk, on the way out, he says they reload, which I respond yea, I do too and it would be nice to have something to reload after a day at the range. Dumb kid did not get the message.

I never have this trouble at the North range, in fact I've been offered more brass there than I've ever lost. I guess it is just a different crowd, so back to the North and those of you going South watch out for those brass monkeys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:01 am 
Longtime Regular

Go to Burnsville. They have posted policies about brass, and I doubt Roger would look kindly upon someone breaking that rule.

Between the high prices, dangerous renters (and owners), no separation between pistol/rifle/shotgun shooters, and that blasted rental .500 magnum that always seems to end up on the lane next to me at Bills, I'm a BPR regular.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:17 pm 
On time out

The same thing happened once at bills north, they just said take all you want from the brass barrel. I would have asked the counter to do that had they not said it first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:09 am 
Longtime Regular

I was at Bills south on Wednesday and I was bitched out by some newer RO for picking up the brass that my party had shot "because it was ammo bought at the range there for it was his brass".
I told him "tough f!@#ing sh!t" (in a slightly more polite way) I paid for the ammo, the brass is mine." I didn't get any more guff after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 am 
Longtime Regular

+1 for BPR

Go to Burnsville, if its a reasonable option for you, decent people and a well run staff makes these random hassles a non-issue. No teenagers at work so they can play with guns, or unpleasant staff members to deal with. Seems as though I've heard many more unsavory experiences at the range at bills than I have anywhere else. Not to mention it costs, or feels like it costs about twice as much to shoot at bill's range.

not an advertisement, but a statement based on my experience at both places. just like not going to posted businesses, if i'm treated poorly you can watch me take my fat-a$$ down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Has anyone considered forwarding this thread to the management at Bill's?

Under the old management, Bill's had a lousy rep, the new management put a lot of effort into improving it, and largely did so.

If the action or inaction of employees is starting to hurt Bill's reputation, the new management may well want to know.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.