Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Berry's Plated Bullets 
 Post subject: Berry's Plated Bullets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am 
Longtime Regular

I just picked up some 125gr FP for loading my ginormous pile of .38spl brass, and whilst going though my Speer #13 cook book I can't find a damned thing to use as a starting/stop point on loading these things. I'm using Unique for the powder and winchester small pistol primers....

Any suggestions on how much "go dust" to start with?

Post subject: check out Berry's website
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:53 pm 
First-time poster

You won't find much data for Berry's bullets out there, but according to Berry's website, under the frequently asked questions, for plated bullets you should use, low to medium level data for jacketed bullets of the same weight and profile. It says to stay away from maximum data for jacketed and to definately stay away from magnum levels. I use berry's for my 45 ACP, 230 gn RN and Titegroup, 4.5 gns. According to my Hodgdon manual, it is a recommended 4.4 - 4.8 gns of Titegroup, so mine would be on the lower side. I haven't had any funtion problems and it is as accurate as I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:14 am 

A medium burn rate powder, especially Unique, will leave a fair amount of soot when used at lower levels. I prefer 4.2g of Bullseye (faster burning) for .38 Special loads using 125g plated bullets and get outstanding accuracy and it burns very clean. I save Unique for .357 Mag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:58 am 
On time out

tite group or clays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Eagle103 wrote:
A medium burn rate powder, especially Unique, will leave a fair amount of soot when used at lower levels. I prefer 4.2g of Bullseye (faster burning) for .38 Special loads using 125g plated bullets and get outstanding accuracy and it burns very clean. I save Unique for .357 Mag.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try. 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.