Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 My Favorite Hunting Quotes 
 Post subject: My Favorite Hunting Quotes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Whether or not I really want to kill the buck, I am not yet willing to forego the company of men who hunt.
James Kilgo
Deep Enough for Ivorybills

For [certain] men, the long wait until hunting season is like the long night before opening day. They are restless, tossing and turning and waiting for first light – or autumn. Their lives would be more placid and serene without hunting. But then, the churchyards are filled with serene, placid men who did not hunt.
John Madson
Going Out More

When some of my friends have asked me anxiously about their boys, whether they should let them hunt, I have answered, yes – remembering that it was one of the best parts if my education – make them hunters.
Henry David Thoreau
Walden

We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected.
Henry David Thoreau
Walden

Get the best [rifle] that you can, of course; but do not worship it. Bear in mind that, whatever its trajectory and smashing quality, it is only a gun, and can kill nothing that you miss with it.
Horace Kephart
Camping and Woodcraft

As far as enjoyment is concerned, I think that hunting is a lot more fun than killing, but, if you take away the ability to kill, you automatically take away most of the fun of hunting.
Erle Stanley Gardner
Hunting is More Fun Than Killing

I hope you have an Old Duck Hunter in your life and I hope he lives in your blind… and shares your whiskey forever.
Gene Hill
A Hunter’s Fireside Book

Old deer hunting friends are better than new ones. They took the test of time and passed. Old deer hunters are better than young ones. They know more and their hearts and legs make them move more slowly.
James R. Pierce
Guns and Hunting

This useful desire to go into the woods and build a camp away from one’s home, to pass secrets and share intimately with one’s friends while enjoying the changes of the season, must have been carried from childhood by some of these hunters. Returning annually has become a ritual, a re-creation of their childhood memories and experiences.
John Miller
Deer Camp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:24 pm 

If it can bite you, shoot it twice!
Robert Ruark

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.