Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 A funny kid story 
 Post subject: A funny kid story
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:56 pm 
Journeyman Member

I wanted to share a funny story that just happened the other day with my little boy, Jack Ryan. Jack is 3 years and a few months, and he’s at the age where he’s starting to categorize everything in life, and he’s also becoming interested in the fact that I wear a handgun; he also knows that I “teach” other people about guns, and that I occasionally hunt. I’ve tried to keep his interest to a minimum for now, but I’ll answer his questions whenever he has them. So the other day, my wife took Jack across the street to a neighbor’s house, who we know is a bit left leaning. Our neighbor asked Jack what he was going to be for Halloween, and he said “a cowboy!” The neighbor told Jack that she was originally from Texas where there are lots of cowboys, and she also said “and we even have armadillo races – do you know what an armadillo is?" Jack screwed up his face, and my wife could tell he was concentrating hard. She assumed he’d say something like “is it an animal?” or “is it a bird?” Something like that. Instead he says, “is it something you can shoot?” The neighbor was horrified, my wife was embarrassed, and I was proud as can be.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

:) Excellent!

Reminds me of a joke I read someplace recently (I'm hoping it wasn't here). This is pretty funny, I think, if you've driven in Texas at all:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the armadillo it could be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

I'll have to teach that one to Jack so that he can tell the neighbor! I have a feeling that Jack is going to be full of these one-liners through the years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:28 pm 
1911 tainted

Good laugh at total innocence.

Gotta love it. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:44 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Here is another one

I have a friend up the street with a little 4 year old girl - she is pretty cool:

They got handed a basket of baby bunnies to raise - Little girl said "Daddy, the ones that are cuddly, we will keep, and the ones that are not cuddly - we should make them into meat.... and eat them...."

Priceless....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:47 am 
Longtime Regular

The poor, poor bunnies!!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:33 am 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:

Circle of life, baby. One minute you're an Easter gift, the next you're hasenfeffer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:59 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Andrew Rothman wrote:
grayskys wrote:

Circle of life, baby. One minute you're an Easter gift, the next you're hasenfeffer. :)

Yeah - my wife thinks that is absolutely the most twisted thing ever - I happen to look at it as a ray of hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Pinnacle wrote:
Here is another one

I have a friend up the street with a little 4 year old girl - she is pretty cool:

They got handed a basket of baby bunnies to raise - Little girl said "Daddy, the ones that are cuddly, we will keep, and the ones that are not cuddly - we should make them into meat.... and eat them...."

Note to self - Stay Cuddly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:21 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:

As has been said here before, by others...

It's the one-liner paired with the avatar that does it for me...

:lol: :lol:

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:56 am 

note to self: next time I see Joe @ Bills, gotta remember to call him "Hassenpfeffer"...

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:57 am 
Longtime Regular

tullibee wrote:
note to self: next time I see Joe @ Bills, gotta remember to call him "Hassenpfeffer"...

If my poor addled brain is still functioning, I think you might mean "HasenPfeffer" if you're talking about bunny stew, "Hassenpfeffer" means hateful pepper and is slang for some of the really hot peppers available in Europe.

Though looking at Joe's avatar, I think "kninchenpfeffer" would be more like it, rather than Hasen. Hasen are big Jackrabbits and Kninchen are little fluffy bunnies. :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:15 am 
Longtime Regular

For you Minnesotans (and others), armadillo IS edible. Although it's not a common food source, people will eat them occasionally. Think of them as Possum on the half shell. Armadillo ain't half bad, either.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:01 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
Here is another one

Joe you did it again................back to your normal witty self again :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.