Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Deer Hunters Take Note 
 Post subject: Deer Hunters Take Note
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:23 pm 
Delicate Flower

Changes this year that you may not be aware of.

You do not have to put the site tag on at the kill site..... you can move the animal to camp or motor vehicle....then you must attach site tag.

HOWEVER.....you must validate the site tag by notching the date/time etc AND notch the upper right part of the actual license portion BEFORE you moving the animal See page 65 for complete details.

At the CO's discretion you will be warned or fined $ 150.00 if you do not notch the license portion.

My brother in Red Wing learned this from a CO yesterday during a routine check. He had not used his license yet so it was not an issue.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:26 pm 

Yup, good point about remembering to still validate the tag before dragging the deer out, even though you don't have to attach the tag until transporting it. Unfortunetly for me, I didn't get a chance to put this new law into effect... :cry:

But I'm still bowhunting, so all hope is not lost yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:50 am 

Fortunately I was able to use the new law and did exactly as instructed. The only bad part was when I detached the license from the tag, in my haste I mis-placed it! When it came time to register the deer I was able to use the the tag on the deer and obtain a duplicate. Whew.

Oh, and the deer was a nice 6 point buck shot with my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag with a red dot at exactly 41 yards using Hornady 250 grain XTP's. Two years hunting with a handgun, two years shooting a deer. I will never go back to a rifle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

I didn't have to worry about the law change because I didn't score a deer.

36 hours of freezing my ass off and dying of boredom for nothing.

Sigh...I guess that's why it's called hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:30 pm 
Journeyman Member

macphisto wrote:
I didn't have to worry about the law change because I didn't score a deer.

36 hours of freezing my ass off and dying of boredom for nothing.

Sigh...I guess that's why it's called hunting.

For me there is something about being alone with my thoughts in the woods. watching the sun come up (as I freeze my ass off), and the annuall trek to deer camp with old friends that really defines deer season to me. Bagging a deer is certainly the destination; But the journey is what it's about for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.