Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tikka Rifle ?'s 
 Post subject: Tikka Rifle ?'s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Will anyone opine on the differences between the older Model 595 Tikka Rifles and the newer T3's?

I have an opportunity to purchase a never fired 595 (wood stock) for a about $100 less than a brand new composite stock version.

Should I pull the trigger on the used rifle, or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:31 am 

A friend of mine has a T3 hunter in .223.

He can shoot paintballs at 150 yards with off the shelf Black Hills loads. I have no experience with the older ones, but the T3 is an awesome rifle.

Now normally when people make ridiculous claims like "they shoot paintballs at 150 yards" I generally take those statements with a grain of salt...that is until I saw him do it myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:41 am 

The 595 is a target match rifle, right? Probably weighs a bit more than the newer composite stock T3's. What is your intended use?

I have used my Tikka T3 lite stainless (.30-06) for deer hunting for the past 4 years. I can't comment on the differences from the older 595, BUT I can tell you that this is the best shooting rifle that I have ever handled. It's lightweight, incredibly nice groups right out of the box, very crisp trigger, and an uncommonly smooth bolt. Fun to shoot. Althought the light weight lends itself to fairly heavy recoil.

I would imagine that the 595 has the same qualities as the T3's (free floating barrel, smooth action, very accurate). I guess it comes down to a matter of preference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm pretty sure the 595 is the predecesor to the T3 Hunter. They had several variations, depending on barrel length & caliber.

This would be a hunting rifle for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 am 

No idea on the Tikas other than I've always heard good things about all of them. Something to consider, however, is whether you'll be moving through a lot of brush/twigs while deer hunting. That can really scratch up a wood stock. I wish I had a composite stock just to prevent this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:02 pm 
On time out

there was a spell when Tikka's were suspect of having barrels let go. No I do not have a serial number spread, but it was happening enough to let people get worried. Try googling Tikka barrel KB or kaboom. just to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

I shared all y'alls input with SWMBO. She is of the opinion that I am better off buying new. Who am I to argue with wife logic.

Thanks for the help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.