Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 montana pheasant 
 Post subject: montana pheasant
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 am 

my buddy told me that he went to montana a week ago to go hunt some birds. when he got there every asked him "why did he come?". they said that a month earlier a 70 mph windstorm came through and wiped out the birds. there were dead birds in the trees, in the streets, and on roofs.

has anyone heard about something similar? it's just the weirdest thing i ever heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:04 am 
On time out

stuff happens, early snow storms, hail storms etc can happen.

Three years ago where we hunt in Iowa was hit with a late Ice storm in like the first week of april, I do not think 1 in 20 birds made it, and most of the ones that died seemed to be sitting on nests full of dead eggs. It has taken this long to get numbers in that area back to anything approachable in prior to the storm.

Post subject: why so far?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:33 pm 

I'm surprised that that guy didn't have his limit of birds in the grill by the time he made it through ND. last weekend i had reports of groups hitting limit after only an hour on central ND

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.