Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 So who got what? (Deer Opener) 
 Post subject: So who got what? (Deer Opener)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:45 pm 
Journeyman Member

What did everyone get so far?
I shot a 9 point buck just before sunset Saturday. I will try to get a picture up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:24 pm 
On time out

I got a big doe and a yearling buck. Heading over to skin them out now, we will break them down and cut them up tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:30 am 
Longtime Regular

I got to work over the whole weekend... :cry: :cry: :cry:

NEXT Weekend I'm off!!! :lol:

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:35 am 

Didn't get a deer myself, but we had three total in camp (a 3-legged 5 pointer, a 4 point buck, and a little button buck). The button was taken by our youngest hunter (12 yrs old)...his first deer. That was nice to see and it really made our camp.

I saw a few does rush by early Saturday but I wasn't able to get a shot off. That is all I saw all weekend. I'll be trying again in two weeks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:14 am 
Longtime Regular

I got to stay home and watch my kids +extra kids all weekend.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:12 pm 

I got a nice 6 pointer. I had our exchange student in the stand with me and he was excited to be part of the hunt. My two other sons didn't see any bucks this weekend and had both decided to wait for horns. We did see a lot of grouse, squirrels, and eagles. The biggest surprise for our exchange student was to see a real live timber wolf up close (30 yards) We had two of them move through on opening morning at 8am. I had my daughter in the stand with me on Sunday morning but all we saw was a single grouse and a squirrel, so no shooting for her. Maybe next weekend.

MN deer camp: Lots of fun, and good eating.

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:24 pm 
The Man

I'm going up north on Thursday. Wish me luck, and steady aim; I just checked my rifles yesterday, and they'll do their part. (My Model 70 is remarkably ugly -- it's got the plastic stock, by intention -- but it makes such nice little groups . . . )

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tex wrote:
I got a nice 6 pointer. I had our exchange student in the stand with me and he was excited to be part of the hunt.

You didn't get him a license?

page 22 MN Hunting Regs wrote:
A full-time high school foreign exchange student who resides with Minnesota residents may buy a resident license to take deer or bear.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:25 pm 

Quote:
A full-time high school foreign exchange student who resides with Minnesota residents may buy a resident license to take deer or bear.

I knew the law changed and he could get a license, one time, even without the firearm safety certificate. He decided to come with but not shoot, but now his brothers are jealous, and maybe a MN Deer License would be proof for his records. I think I'll see if we can get a tag for him tomorrow.
He did target shoot with us and he would be very careful with his shot. Maybe he will reconsider and try hunting again this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got a license for our exchange student. He is a having a hoot carrying a gun and shooting. He's got one grouse so far and is itching for a deer. We got close yesterday.

One of my boys who hasn't shot a deer himself yet told him he could have the first shot if one shows up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:07 pm 

I missed one buy mis judging yardage i was in rolling hills and thought it was about 200 yds but it was about 400 opps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:16 pm 

Damn near trampled to death by three does and one six pointer. Since I'm not going to eat 'em I continued my search for old wiley E. Tho, come to think of it, I won't eat HIM either! :lol:

Brother-in-law gave me ration for not taking the deer, but, he also hasn't offered to do any gut and drag duty much less processing.

You guys enjoy the bambi chase; I'll do my part to drive 'em your way.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 pm 

where you headed Joel??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:01 pm 

Does anyone know the licensing requirments on shooting varmints while hunting? I've always done it, just never gotten a license before. I figured I'd check here before calling the DNR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

That depends on the type of varmint.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.