Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 I'll start! 
 Post subject: I'll start!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 pm 

I love hunting with a handgun. That is all that I have used for deer hunting for the last 6 years. Have gone 6 for 6 with 6 shots. That ought to wreck that streak having said that!

I currently use a Smith & Wesson 500 Mag. with a Nikon red dot sight mounted on it. Very accurate and a fun gun to shoot. I also have a Magnum Research Lone Eagle in 30-06. Another fun gun to shoot.

Both handguns have porting so you need hearing protection (Walkers Game Ear works great) and you need to keep your mouth closed when shooting or the muzzle blast will let you know where each of your fillings are located. :D

Not the handguns I would advise a first time handgun hunter to use, but a blast nonetheless.

Payne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've heard that the 500 might be a bit much to handle. I can't imagine a 30.06 in a handgun, either !!! :shock: My Remington 710 is pretty rough on me as it is, let alone that caliber in a handgun.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 pm 
Delicate Flower

Always carry my 357 deer hunting down Wabasha area as a backup. Have not had an opportunity to use it yet. Brother has a break action single shot 30.06......talk about a hand cannon. One deer to it's credit and 2 with his 44 mag. All close shots.

I need to get em in a little closer is all. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carried my 10MM when hunting last season. Was tempted to use it , but I declined. (An illegal shoot, it would have been) I also took my DE 357. I couldn't get it sighted in quite right at the range I was using, so it stayed in the case.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.