Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 March 28 Class Review 
 Post subject: March 28 Class Review
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 pm 

I took Joel Rosenberg's class on March 28th and this is my review of the class.

My name is Wayne. I was probably the youngest person there at 21 years of age. It was my first permit to carry class ever. As I drove down to the America Inn I was wondering what exactly would go on. If I could handle the class speed having very little pistol experience and no carry experience whatsoever.

I arrived about 20 minutes early and parked. The building was perfect and I didn't even have to ask the front desk where to go as the signage was perfect!

Now down to the meat. I am an interrupt learner. If I have a question typically I raise my hand and ask right away. Mr. Rosenberg had no problem with this and it made the class go very well for me with my plethora of questions.

The class lasted around 6 hours. We had a variety of breaks to smoke if you had to, go to the bathroom, or just move which I thought was very important. The education that was laid out was very easy to follow. THE BASIC PREMISE THAT I GOT FROM THE CLASS WAS THAT GUNS DO NOT SOLVE PROBLEMS, THEY SIMPLY CREATE OTHER PROBLEMS. ALSO, THAT IF YOU CAN IN ANY HOSTILE SITUATION JUST RUN AWAY, DO IT! That being said he also went over (albeit quickly) firearm safety, holster tips, and what type of firearm that he thinks is best for carry (revolvers.) One part I really enjoyed was trying on the pocket holster with revolver. The fact that Mr. Rosenberg shared with us was very nice of him.

One part that I would have I would have like to be slower for next time is the carry laws of Minnesota. I realize that this is a long class to cram into a day but that is potentially the most important part of the class. The problem is partly rectified by the supplied book that Mr. Rosenberg includes with the class. I think however if I have any questions (and this is just my feeling that I got from Mr. Rosenberg) that I could email him with any questions about the law and he could answer them.

This review isn't finished. I'm going dancing but I want to get this at least partly out there.
Yep, thats right Joel. I was excited when you said dance classes were down the hall!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.