Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Two classes this weekend 
 Post subject: Two classes this weekend
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:11 pm 
The Man

I'm doing classes both on Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend, April 18 and April 19. Further details in the <a href=http://ellegon.com/courses>usual place</a>.

Hope to see you there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am 
The Man

Saturday class is getting closer to full, but there still should be room for walkins in both Saturday and Sunday classes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 am 
In the time out chair

Do you have any women-only classes, or any coming up closer to the end of the year (september-ish?). The wife is interested, but said she'd be more comfortable in an all-women class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 am 
The Man

ecrist wrote:
Do you have any women-only classes, or any coming up closer to the end of the year (september-ish?). The wife is interested, but said she'd be more comfortable in an all-women class.
Yes to the second -- I'll be doing at least two classes a month for the foreseeable future -- and no to the first.

I think there is a place for women-only classes, and I know there are folks who do them.

Largely, the issue is that women may feel more comfortable without men around -- and the usual subtext of that is "women may feel more comfortable without men around treating them condescendingly and/or rudely". Which doesn't happen in my classes, in part because I wouldn't let it. That said, when you add in the fact that women -- particularly the new shooters -- almost invariably shoot better than their husbands and boyfriends, and that I let everybody in on that pretty early.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: It was a pleasure, Joel.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm 
Journeyman Member

Thanks for the great class and the "one on one." :wink:
I hope the other young fellow did well on his range time. I was going to grab my range target to provide a "receipt" for the day for the wife, but forgot, I guess I will just have to let her trust me that the day was spent wisely.

Pete.

Post subject: Re: It was a pleasure, Joel.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm 
The Man

replicant_argent wrote:
Thanks for the great class and the "one on one." :wink:
I hope the other young fellow did well on his range time. I was going to grab my range target to provide a "receipt" for the day for the wife, but forgot, I guess I will just have to let her trust me that the day was spent wisely.

Pete.
Thanks for taking the class; it was a lot of fun.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.