Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 The last of the 2006 TCCarry classes . . . 
 Post subject: The last of the 2006 TCCarry classes . . .
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:20 pm 
The Man

. . . are on the website. The only additions are an HR218 class I'm doing -- open only to retired LEOs; if you're a retired LEO and want to set up an HR 218 class, give me a buzz -- and TCCarry Express.

For those who already have Minnesota carry permits and want to take TCCarry as an upgrade or refresher, the costs are:

$75 for my own students;
$125 for other Minnesota permit holders;
$175 for everybody else.

Just sign up on the website, and put a note in the comments if you're entitled to the lower rate.

(If you one of those other Minnesota permit holders, after you take TCCarry for the $125 upgrade price, you become one of my own students, and are eligible to take later upgrades/refreshers at a lower price.)

Why would somebody want to do that? Among other things, there are the additional permits available by taking TCCarry (up to six beyond Minnesota, making you able to carry in up to 35 states, with more to come). Others take TCCarry because they found that their initial carry course was inadequate*, and/or to see what the buzz is about. Some other instructors have taken the class to pick up some ideas.

All of which is just fine with me.

I'm not going to get into bashing the competition -- that would be unseemly. I try to only name other instructors, like Tom, Andrew, Roger, Sue, Donnie, Nick, Paul, Joe, David, and Cobb, among others, who I respect, and where I know enough about what they do to be comfortable that they've got it right and who I'd have no concerns about a family member taking training from.

Me not recommending another instructor doesn't mean that I think that they're bad. It probably means that I don't know enough about how and what they teach to have an opinion.

But if you think your instruction was inadequate, you're probably right.

If your instructor taught you that, say, it's legally required to carry concealed in Minnesota, or always unlawful to defend somebody else, or that a "carry permit badge" is a sensible thing to haul around, or that you can shoot somebody just because they're in your house, or that in the wake of the use or threat of lethal force you should explain yourself to the police, or who didn't offer you the name and number of a good criminal defense attorney, just in case . . .

. . . you definitely should take a decent carry course -- whether you take TCCarry or another class -- because it's just this side of certain that your instructor got other some important stuff wrong, too.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.