Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 The renewal training window is open . . . 
 Post subject: The renewal training window is open . . .
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:13 pm 
The Man

. . . for many of those who got their carry permits back in 2003.

More here; TCCarry schedule, as usual, right here.

I know quite a few folks who frequent the Forum got their permits back in the first flurry back in the summer of 2003; I'm hoping to see lots of you in class soon . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Purely as a question, not to be contrary, but is there, or can they put, a limit on how prematurely you can take a renewal class relative to your individual expiration or renewal date?

I didn't see anything specific, but I can imagine a few authorizors rejecting renewals simply because they were x days instead of y days prior to expiration or renewal.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:16 pm 
The Man

hammAR wrote:
Purely as a question, not to be contrary, but is there, or can they put, a limit on how prematurely you can take a renewal class relative to your individual expiration or renewal date?

I didn't see anything specific, but I can imagine a few authorizors rejecting renewals simply because they were x days instead of y days prior to expiration or renewal.........

Yup -- the limit is one year before application; it's right in the law. That's really a key point of the essay -- can you suggest a way I should punch that up?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

IIRC, the law was passed on May 28, 2003.

My permit was issued on June 25, 2003. (Hennepin County only took 27 of the 30 days they were allowed.)

My permit expires on June 25, 2008. I may renew anytime between March 20, and July 25, 2008. (90 days prior to 30 days after).

I must have taken my renewal class within one year of my renewal application. If I intend to apply on March 20, 2008, I would have had to taken my renewal class sometime after March 20, 2007.

In other words, I need to take the class between now and June of next year. As do most of us who applied when the law was first passed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:40 am 
Longtime Regular

RTFI.....Thanks for the info/correction Joel........
I just need to learn to stop scanning and actually READ....... :lol:

I was concerned because I reside in Ramsey County, and it seems that regardless of what is in the law as written and approved, the local S______ seems to believe that he can interpret it however he wants.........I'm just trying to avoid any speed bumps...............:roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.