Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Next Class: Saturday, August 11, Hudson WI 
 Post subject: Next Class: Saturday, August 11, Hudson WI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 am 
The Man

Got a call a while back from the Hudson Rod, Gun, and Archery Club; they asked if I'd be willing to do a class out there.

The class will be this coming Saturday, August 11th, at the Gun Club. It's open not only to gun club members, and others are welcome, too. The class is, of course, listed here, and will be listed on the club's website, as well.

The club is a forty-five minute drive from Minneapolis; less from the Eastern suburbs, more from the Western ones. We'll be doing the shooting qualification at the club's range.

Some safety and miscellaneous notes:

For folks taking renewal training, please note that Wisconsin does not have a carry permit law, nor do they honor any state's carry permits. You must transport any and all firearms under the FOPA restrictions:

Quote:
the firearm must be unloaded and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported can be “readily accessible or directly accessible from the passenger compartment of the transporting vehicle.” In vehicles without a trunk, the firearm and ammunition must be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Handguns are not to be brought out without permission from and inspection by me, to be verified as unloaded. (When I do bring mine out, everybody in the classroom must verify that they've been unloaded.) I'd prefer that you just leave your gun cases in the car until it's time to go out onto the range, but if you want to bring them into the classroom, that's okay, too.

On the range, guns are to be uncased only at the shooting point, and only by the person shooting. When it's time to go out and set targets, at least one NRA-certified RSO must supervise the line at all times. (I happen to be an NRA-certified RSO; my assistant -- my daughter Judy -- will set targets. We may have some additional help from gun club members setting targets and supervising the line. That's not required, but I've been around gun clubs long enough -- i.e. more than five minutes -- to know that folks who join gun clubs like to help out.)

If you bring your own gun, please bring fifty rounds of ammunition for it. Naturally, as usual, if you don't have a suitable handgun, or don't want to bring yours, you will use one of mine -- no extra charge for that. I'll have ample ammo for the guns I bring; if you need it, I'll sell it to you at my cost. (I'm in the training business, not ammunition sales or gun rentals -- not that there's anything wrong with that.) If you have eye and hearing protection, please bring it, although I will bring some extras, beyond what Judy and I need.

There doesn't appear to be any fast food terribly close to the club, so I'd suggest bringing a bag lunch; that's what Judy and I are going to do.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.