Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Upcoming classes? 
Author Message
 Post subject: Upcoming classes?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
Posts: 337
Location: FarmLakeMount
I didn't see any topics showing upcoming classes, so I figured I'd ask. I'm looking for south of the river preferably. This would be recert, as I originally took my class through Plus P Technology. I only have two hitches, one minor and my issue, the other a bit more major and beyond my control. First, I'm in the mids of buying a house, so you can guess what isn't handy - cash. Given the 4-1-1 of the cost though I could likely scrounge it up. The other hitch is my schedule - 1530 to 2345, 4 on 2 off rotating so I never have the same days off.

I will be up front and honest I am no wheres near as well versed in the law as y'all are. I recently got a copy of Joel's book from EricMN before he shipped overseas, and have found it to be a wealth of information.

I have a few months yet before expiring, but I really ought to get it in gear.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming classes?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:18 am 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
Sipowicz wrote:
I didn't see any topics showing upcoming classes, so I figured I'd ask. I'm looking for south of the river preferably. This would be recert, as I originally took my class through Plus P Technology. I only have two hitches, one minor and my issue, the other a bit more major and beyond my control. First, I'm in the mids of buying a house, so you can guess what isn't handy - cash. Given the 4-1-1 of the cost though I could likely scrounge it up. The other hitch is my schedule - 1530 to 2345, 4 on 2 off rotating so I never have the same days off.

I will be up front and honest I am no wheres near as well versed in the law as y'all are. I recently got a copy of Joel's book from EricMN before he shipped overseas, and have found it to be a wealth of information.

I have a few months yet before expiring, but I really ought to get it in gear.
Well, my classes are always here. Other people post classes from time to time in the Classes forum here, but not in this one; this is for TCCarry only.

If cost is a large consideration, I'm probably the worst choice; I think I'm the most expensive instructor in the state. (I think I give good value, mind you, but that's another matter.)

Probably the best bang for the buck -- so to speak -- is phorvick, given that he's a very good instructor, and I think his charges are lower than anbody around here. (I can think of only one instructor who actually charges less, and it's not somebody who either posts on the Forum or who I'd recommend.)

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:26 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
Posts: 337
Location: FarmLakeMount
Thanks for your link, Joel. That's helpful because some of the others that don't have a schedule of classes like that though less espensive are more hit or miss.

I got a couple PMs from instructors, and if there are others, I would love to hear 'em. So far, I see Joel has a possible date I can make, as does Andrew, in July. Thanks for the input thus far, and I look forward to getting more!


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
Cool. I'd obviously be happy to have you in one of my classes, but (while I might or might not wish it otherwise), I'm hardly the only alternative around here.

Note: I moved ttousi's announcement of his own class to Classes. Whether or not folks think it's generous of me to invite other instructors to post their classes on the Forum, that invitation is for the Classes section, not this one; this area is for announcement of TCCarry classes, not others'.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:00 pm 
Delicate Flower

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 3311
Location: St. Paul, MN.
Sorry joel didn't even catch the heading ....thanks for moving it.

_________________
http://is.gd/37LKr


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:03 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
ttousi wrote:
Sorry joel didn't even catch the heading ....thanks for moving it.
No problem.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 am
Posts: 983
Location: Brewster
joelr wrote:
Cool. I'd obviously be happy to have you in one of my classes, but (while I might or might not wish it otherwise), I'm hardly the only alternative around here.

Note: I moved ttousi's announcement of his own class to Classes. Whether or not folks think it's generous of me to invite other instructors to post their classes on the Forum, that invitation is for the Classes section, not this one; this area is for announcement of TCCarry classes, not others'.


Joel,
a busy guy like you moving his post. Could you have a mod do that for you? :P

Sorry TT I couldn't help myself. :twisted:


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:01 pm 
Delicate Flower

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 3311
Location: St. Paul, MN.
smart a33 :twisted:

_________________
http://is.gd/37LKr


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming classes?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:32 am 
1911 tainted
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:47 pm
Posts: 3045
Sipowicz wrote:
I'm looking for south of the river preferably.

How far south? :lol:


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:27 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
Posts: 337
Location: FarmLakeMount
You're a bit too far south. Thanks, though!


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 am
Posts: 983
Location: Brewster
I suppose that leaves me out too then? :cry:


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 am 
1911 tainted
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:47 pm
Posts: 3045
Sipowicz wrote:
You're a bit too far south. Thanks, though!

I was joking, I kinda figured that. :wink:


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:13 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
Posts: 337
Location: FarmLakeMount
I figured you were, but you never know where one's travels might bring them . . . . .


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Damn it sometimes I hate my job
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:31 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
Posts: 337
Location: FarmLakeMount
Working middle watch on a rotating schedule sucks when trying to plan attendence at a recert class that typically occurs on Sat or Sun.

Let me throw some dates out and if you know that far in advance, let me know please. I've waited damn near too long already.

All dates are either Sat or Sun. I have weekdays but won't include them now since most classes aren't weekdays.

August 31
September 6 or 7
Semptember 13

That's it folks, and I have to renew in October . . . . . . yeah, I waited too long. Damned buying a house and moving . . . . LOL.

_________________
Liberty is preserved with 4 boxes: soap, jury, ballot, and cartridge.

Minneapolis Police/Fire Dispatcher


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group