Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Actually looking for a great deal on a SW 642, locally? 
 Post subject: Actually looking for a great deal on a SW 642, locally?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 pm 

Hopefully this is the right place to post this?

Looking for the best deal in town (twin cities) for a new SW 642 w/o lock. I used to buy on GB and have a friend/FFL do the transfer, but he has had to retire due to health issues.

So does anyone have a great lead on best price in town for a 642 w/o lock? Gndr Mntn has them with the lock for $449, but that seems high.. plus the lock.. :(

Or, is there anyone here that is an FFL (near Oakdale/Woodbury) that could transfer a GB, etc.. purchase for a reasonable charge?

Thanks in advance, Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:56 am 
Longtime Regular

discountgunbroker.com?
discountgundealer.com?
Can't remember which it is and they're blocked from my work. I hear he has decent prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:05 am 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
discountgunbroker.com?
discountgundealer.com?
Can't remember which it is and they're blocked from my work. I hear he has decent prices.

It's discountgundealer.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am 

Thanks guys.. I have bought from Brad at Discountgundealer many times in the past. I just didn't see one listed on GB so I moved on til you guys posted and it urged me to call him.

He had two 642's w/o lock left, one was already spoken for, with no more available to him in the near future.
I met him this last Sat and snapped it up (lucky me!) for $409 and change, and I just sent in the $30.00 rebate S&W is offering, so I guess (excluding tax) I got it for $379.00. Not a bad deal in these current gun buying times.

Thanks for the replies!

More questions about it to come in the "revolver" section, as I have not owned or shot a revolver in about 20 years. Especially a snubby! Anyway, I'm swapping my Semi-auto out for the 642 for winter carry. MN cold can play heck on semis sometimes..

Plus, I have always wanted a snub.. This just gave me a reason to get one! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.