Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 .45 at local Wal-=Mart 
 Post subject: .45 at local Wal-=Mart
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:29 pm 
Forum Moderator

The local Gander has the "sale" on the 250 round UMC .45 at $79.95/box. I stopped at local Wal-Mart and the same 250 round box was $53.99. So, I bought 4.

9mm was 33.99 and the .40 was 39.99

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:46 pm 

I was at the Wal-Mart in Eden Prairie this afternoon playing the role of the "Good husband". My wife made the comment to me while we were poking around, "Don't you want to pick-up some ammo while your here?". I was floored, she was concerned that I had enough practice ammo. I made way over to the Sporting Goods area to pick-up some WWB and there was no one to wait on me, after standing around for about 15 minutes with a couple of others waiting for help I decided to pack it in. Oh well, maybe next time.

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's hard to find good help these days!

After waiting for ten minutes my last time at Wal-Mart, I finally got some help...sort of. I asked for a "big box of the Winchester 22" and the poor doofus started looking at the shotgun shells, carefully inspecting each box row-by-row. I finally had to point it out for him.

So it wasn't his normal department, that's fine, but then he couldn't login to the register so he walked me to the front of the store and we stood in line together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Except for their prices, I'm really starting to hate WalMart and their policies. The clerk wanted my DL to swipe in their machine. I didn't care for that idea at all. WTF are they tracking my data for?? Next time, they get my Government Issued Retired Military ID card.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:42 pm 
1911 tainted

BigRobT wrote:
Next time, they get my Government Issued Retired Military ID card.

That would be interesting. While they are checking your military ID at the ammo counter, explain that you don't have a drivers license because you don't drive those dangerous things, that ought to confuse them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

By the way, the Fleet Farm in Oakdale has it for 29.99, 39.99 and 49.99 in 9, 40 and 45 for UMC 250 rounds. Give them a look. You may need to see if they have more in the back! :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:03 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Start reloading.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:48 pm 

As a kid growing up I watched my dad spend countless hours in-front of his reloading bench creating his own match ammo and loading shot shells for us to shoot trap with. I often thought how boring it looked and figured he used it as a form of therapy being that he had himself and 3 sons to keep fed with ammo. Now I am starting to undestand that it most likely had to do with economics.

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:18 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

I am putting a lot of people through a basic reloading deal at the house this week -

Rothman and I did the math the other day - he came over and I ran him through what I would teach to anyone else.

He made 50 rounds of PREMIUM .38 Spcl.... about 45% off the pricing that he would get - even ON SALE from your favorite retailer....

If you own the brass - you save a ton of cash... Brass is spendy...... Good Bullets are priced accordingly....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.