Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Cabela's Handgun Prices 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:08 am 
Forum Moderator

I stopped at the store about 4:30pm on my way back to the tundra. It was a zoo. Folks were stacked 2-3 deep applying for the cards. I went to the gun area and it too was a busy busy place.

I was sorely tempted, but my disdain for opening up new credit cards overtook my great urge to purchase a few items. My loss I suppose!

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:23 am 
Longtime Regular

I don't want to sound like a sales guy for Cabelas credit but,

The credit card is but your foot in the door for these deals. Once you have it, on an occassional basis Cabelas will send out a card which requests you to bring others in to sign up for a card. The new signees get the hat and $25 and you get $40 in points added to your card (up to 5 people). This is on top of the gift card you get for spending XXX dollars at their store.

Mostly-

Post subject: Cabellas Sale
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 am 

I went for it. I am now the Prowd owner of a M9A1 Beretta. Cabella's price was close to that of the internet, with $100 off, and $15 off, they had the best price around. I was there about 11 AM Saturday, got waited on right away. 1 person ahead of me in the Visa Card Line. My first gun purchase at Cabella's. After completing the deal, they "Walked me outside", then gave me my package. While walking thru the store with the clerk/carry person, I pointed out I used a ccw permit to pruchase the gun, and I was carrying a loaded gun on my person. burt not permitted to carry and empty gun to my car. He AGREED it was a silly policy, and he also "Carried", but not while working.

Makes me ask the Question . . does Cabella's have a "Non Carry" policy for Employee's?

de KA0OLD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cabellas Sale
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:01 am 
Longtime Regular

I asked why this was, the lady said that she heard it was the local sheriff. I told her that a lot of places do. She then commneted that there may have been people who purchased a pistol and ammo and then tried to load the pistol (I would think to carry it?). If that is the case I would agree that I don't want people loading and holstering firearms in the store.

KA0OLD wrote:
After completing the deal, they "Walked me outside", then gave me my package. While walking thru the store with the clerk/carry person, I pointed out I used a ccw permit to pruchase the gun, and I was carrying a loaded gun on my person. burt not permitted to carry and empty gun to my car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:44 pm 
1911 tainted

westhope wrote:
Maybe the Colt Officers, but that may anger Cobb.

Why would that anger me?!?!?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cobb wrote:

Quote:

I looks too much like a twin for your Colt Defender that you shot the BUG Matches with. (Except blued.) I may then be accused of trying to copy you to win the BUG matches next year. Something which would not be a bad thing, to improve my score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:04 pm 
1911 tainted

westhope wrote:
Cobb wrote:

Quote:

I looks too much like a twin for your Colt Defender that you shot the BUG Matches with. (Except blued.) I may then be accused of trying to copy you to win the BUG matches next year. Something which would not be a bad thing, to improve my score.

No, you don't need to improve your score. :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cobb wrote:

Quote:
No, you don't need to improve your score.

Don't argue with the scorekeeper!

First place IDPA BUG match 533; Cobb 532; Westhope 519

(Cobb missed one night of the league BUG matches due to working late. Unfortunately it was one of the nights I ran two BUG matches to make-up the scheduled matches missed due to the range being closed because of the arson at the range. I, the scorekeeper, drop the lowest 3 of the 15 scores for the BUG matches to determine the year's results. He lost 2 of his 3 drops that night. He probably would have won the BUG league if he would have only dropped one match rather than the two. He was only one point out of first place.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

This special is going on again from Dec. 8th till Dec. 24.

self gifting a Mossberg 500 to fit the folding stock I bought myself right after the assult weapon ban was lifted. :lol: With the cash back combined with a couple free gift cards from Cabelas, and a $25 gift card from the same deal last year, brings the price down below $190... Less the points on my card, maybe less then $180!

NOT BAD!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:22 pm 

Please don't tell me that the same great deal of the $50 / 75 / 100 off for the graduated pricing is in effect again. I got a 642 last time for $304.00 out the door. I just swore to myself last week that I was going to get through the rest of 2006 without buying another gun. I figured there wasn't anyway that Cabela's would run this offer again so soon, and I had already convinced myself to only shop for accessories at this weekend's MWCA show at the Rivercenter. I'm screwed. Now what did I do with that wish list . . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 pm 
1911 tainted

Damn, here we go again. :shock:

I have points, I have a gift card, and now this!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will it ever end????? :P :P :P

And Cabela's even called and left a message on my answering machine so that I wouldn't miss out. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

onebohemian wrote:
Please don't tell me that the same great deal of the $50 / 75 / 100 off for the graduated pricing is in effect again. I got a 642 last time for $304.00 out the door. I just swore to myself last week that I was going to get through the rest of 2006 without buying another gun. I figured there wasn't anyway that Cabela's would run this offer again so soon, and I had already convinced myself to only shop for accessories at this weekend's MWCA show at the Rivercenter. I'm screwed. Now what did I do with that wish list . . . .

Why would you go and do that? I try to buy at least one gun every two months. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 pm 

This should be a link to Cabela's website page showing the sale. Info is available on their site if my attempt at posting the link doesn't work.

link

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:03 am 
Longtime Regular

I wonder if they can give stuff away fast enough to make any money?

onebohemian - They have had this deal at least 4 times so far. I bought a -20 degree sleeping bag last year for like $75 bucks on the same deal.

So how many others got the $10 gift card in the mail?

How many others filled out the survey they emailed out? There was no mention of financial reward for filling out the survey, but about a week after completing it they emailed me ANOTHER $10 gift card - "thanks for completing our survey"...

Marketing is one of the greatest inventions of man kind! :lol:

I can't wait for Bass ProShops to go into the MOA! Bet the competition is going to be FIERCE to see who can pull business from the other!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

I went with a couple of friends today. I refered a friend on the credit card deal, and they gave me $40. Ended up getting a nice SOG knife and a knife sharpening kit for... FREE. I didn't pay anything, there is still money on the card, and I hve a bunch of cool stuff.

Shopping with a bunch of guy friends was fun, especially when they know a bunch of crazy stuff about everything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.