Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Cabela's Handgun Prices 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:18 pm 

I was at Cabela's today as well. Near as I can tell from the receipt, I got out the door with a new S&W 642 for right about $250. (Yes, the cult of the revolver has sucked in another believer.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:06 pm 

I almost did the same thing on the 642. I just moved and didn't realize till we got everything up to the counter that my permit to purchase had my old address on it.

I wonder if it will be any quicker to get it replaced since I already have one. They are different cities though.

The 642 is waiting for me at the store until I get that permit fixed :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:45 pm 
Journeyman Member

Wow! Too bad I didn't know about that. I'd love to get a 642 for $295.00!! Anyone have an extra they'd like to sell? Ha - probably not for that price. Thanks anyway for the research and prices!!

You can't hit what you can't see.. Play racquetball 200 + MPH

Life Member of the NRA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Just watch their stores. They often have these Cabela's Visa Card sign up specials right in the store.

Knowing Cabela's, just walk into a store, ask if you can get these specials if you sign up for a Visa card anytime. I wouldn't be surprized if they would offer it anytime you sign up for a new card. My wife used to work in customer service, now retired (which makes me miss more discounts), and they did stuff like that all the time. For their good customers they will do a lot. If you return a lot of stuff that is not re-saleable they record that. Every time you purchase or return something your record is available to the cashier.

I just got another $20 off a $100 purchase last week. I probably get one a month. That is how I buy most of my bullets. They will order them into the store, no shipping, and you can get the 20 % off. Price then is OK. You must ask someone on the floor to order it to arrive on their normal freight. If they order it special (from customer service), they will then charge for shipping. Usually pick it up in a week at customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

westhope wrote:
I just got another $20 off a $100 purchase last week. I probably get one a month. That is how I buy most of my bullets. They will order them into the store, no shipping, and you can get the 20 % off. Price then is OK. You must ask someone on the floor to order it to arrive on their normal freight. If they order it special (from customer service), they will then charge for shipping. Usually pick it up in a week at customer service.

That is really good to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:59 pm 

westhope wrote:
Just watch their stores. They often have these Cabela's Visa Card sign up specials right in the store.

Knowing Cabela's, just walk into a store, ask if you can get these specials if you sign up for a Visa card anytime. I wouldn't be surprized if they would offer it anytime you sign up for a new card. My wife used to work in customer service, now retired (which makes me miss more discounts), and they did stuff like that all the time. For their good customers they will do a lot. If you return a lot of stuff that is not re-saleable they record that. Every time you purchase or return something your record is available to the cashier.

Can you order pistols from them that they don't have in stock and then still get the discount? I have been in there 2 times and they had squat for small .357 revos. I would sign up for a visa to get a percentage off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

brauchma wrote:
westhope wrote:

Can you order pistols from them that they don't have in stock and then still get the discount? I have been in there 2 times and they had squat for small .357 revos. I would sign up for a visa to get a percentage off!

Yes! The don't normally have Mossburg 500's in stock. Asked if they could get one in for me on the special prior to Christmas. Wasn't a problem

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:12 pm 
Journeyman Member

The new Cabela's in WI, has the 642 for $369.00 - seems high compared to what you all are seeing. I think around $295.00 seems good for new, now I just have to find a place that sells them for that! :) Anyone find something, shoot a pm to me please.

You can't hit what you can't see.. Play racquetball 200 + MPH

Life Member of the NRA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:14 pm 

Too bad about needing credit approval...anyone know how easy/hard to get approved for their cards?!? It's not that I have bad credit, just very little b/c I've lived responsibly/within my means so far.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:18 pm 

Oneshotrqtbll wrote:
The new Cabela's in WI, has the 642 for $369.00 - seems high compared to what you all are seeing. I think around $295.00 seems good for new, now I just have to find a place that sells them for that! :) Anyone find something, shoot a pm to me please.

The sticker price in Rogers and Owatanna is $369.00 as well. The special that Cabelas runs from time to time (as discussed in this string) allows a $75.00 discount for purchases over $350.00. If you don't have a credit card and open a new account, Cabelas puts $15.00 immediately into your account which you can use for your first purchase. These discounts are applied after tax is computed on the $369.00. I got my 642 out the door (i.e., with tax and the two discounts) for $304.00. There are some additional "$20 off a $100 purchase" coupons around once in awhile too, but I haven't seen Cabelas run this coupon at the same time as the bigger deal with the $75 off of $350, $100 off of $450, etc. The guy who posted above who said $295 must have either had an additional gift card to use or he's not figuring tax into the calculations.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Red XIII wrote:
Too bad about needing credit approval...anyone know how easy/hard to get approved for their cards?!? It's not that I have bad credit, just very little b/c I've lived responsibly/within my means so far.

You don't have to tell them much and they give you $500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:50 am 
Longtime Regular

You have to have some pretty spotty credit to get turned down for those in store cards. Most of them have pretty hefty interest rates, which somewhat offests their loose credit standards. And they often start out at a relatively low credit limit. Unless you have a good FICO number- they'd go higher on the limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:26 am 

onebohemian wrote:
The guy who posted above who said $295 must have either had an additional gift card to use or he's not figuring tax into the calculations.

For mine, I "cheated" a little bit. I picked up some long underwear and a box of bullets to get the $100 off rather than the $75 off. So for me, the 642 was $369 - $100 - $15 + 6.5% tax = $270.51 out the door.

And yeah, they seem to be very loose with giving out credit. I was surprised by how much they offered me. I could have picked up a new Krieghoff shotgun in addition to the 642 if I'd wanted to.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.