Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 I love my kid 
 Post subject: I love my kid
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:37 pm 
The Man

So I ordered thisImageon closeout.

It arrived yesterday.

Other than the camo -- camo? for a man-purse? why? -- it's just what I wanted. It rides on the left side, so that it doesn't obstruct my right hand, or interfere with the seatbelt when I'm driving. It can be carried over either left or right shoulder, and it's got a belt snap if I want to attach it to me. Just about right as a substitute for the photog or 511 vest in terms of carrying stuff, all kinds of stuff.

My daughter Judy -- age 16 -- saw me unwrap it, and shook her head.

"Off-body carry, Dad?" She shook her head. "Not a great idea." She looked over the various attachments and tried it out. "Marginal," she decided.

Last edited by joelr on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sounds like the kid is a keeper. :D

I don't know about the cammo man purse though. :lol:

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:51 am 

I'm new here, but if you are looking for non-Woodland versions check with CPGear especially in their closeout section. they have a number of variatiosn of this pack. (all Maxpedition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 am 

EricMN wrote:
I'm new here, but if you are looking for non-Woodland versions check with CPGear especially in their closeout section. they have a number of variatiosn of this pack. (all Maxpedition.

Well their current "sale" on the Fatboy is $76. That's only $11 *more* than Maxpedition sells it for direct. I don't think that's much of a sale.

I have the Fatboy in black, and I carry it with me every day. I'm not sure that I'd want to use it to carry concealed; that would make me nervous about losing it.

I don't know how people get by these days without carrying a purse. (man purse, tactical bag, whatever you want to call it.) I have a wallet, knife, leatherman, flashlight, sunglasses, digital camera, USB thumb drive, and who knows what else in that thing. Do most people not carry that much stuff, or do you all go around with your pockets bulging out all over the place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:37 am 

ChillyW wrote:
EricMN wrote:

Well their current "sale" on the Fatboy is $76. That's only $11 *more* than Maxpedition sells it for direct. I don't think that's much of a sale.

It's a Canadian Military site, make sure you convert from Canadian to US, in US dollars the Fatboy is $63.50... so, pretty much equal with what maxpedition sells for...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Not that I can afford it right now but the soft shell jacket seems incredible too. side zips for access to OWB, the Backup Belt system which provides outside access to a velcro lined pocket you could carry a BUG in ... etc...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tasoshjacl.html - $90

The surefire E2e (Wine) looks pretty good too... http://www.lapolicegear.com/sue2wwilicl.html

where's the money when you need it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:42 pm 

EricMN wrote:
It's a Canadian Military site, make sure you convert from Canadian to US, in US dollars the Fatboy is $63.50... so, pretty much equal with what maxpedition sells for...

Oops. Boy is my face red. :oops: Didn't notice that it was a Canadian site...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:16 pm 
The Man

ChillyW wrote:
I don't know how people get by these days without carrying a purse. (man purse, tactical bag, whatever you want to call it.) I have a wallet, knife, leatherman, flashlight, sunglasses, digital camera, USB thumb drive, and who knows what else in that thing. Do most people not carry that much stuff, or do you all go around with your pockets bulging out all over the place?
It's the bulging pockets that have gotten me to make the move. Add in the meds, the spare flashlight, an emergency boot floppy, a paperback book, spare pens, checkbook, chopsticks, and maybe a spare mag or two . . .

I think I'm with Judy in that it's marginal for carry, even if over the opposite shoulder, messenger-bag-style, and attached to the belt -- that's not off-body carry, but it's close enough to, at the very least, set a bad example.

It's a few decades ago -- although it feels like yesterday -- that I'd never go anywhere without my book bag, which was basically a small pack, and which always held stuff in addition to books. This feels like just a smaller and more portable version of the same.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:32 pm 
Raving Moderate

My usual bag is a milsurp map case, in OD green, if I'm not working. I don't carry the gun in it, but all the other stuff not on my belt- book, spare batteries, pens, etc. (The multitool and flashlight are *always* on my person.)

At work, that's another story. I carry a laptop, hence, I need a bigger bag. Again, it's from G.I. Joe Surplus, just a bigger version. I love those ugly canvas bags- cheap, sturdy, and definitely not what most of my coworkers wander around with...

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject: Re: I love my kid
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
My daughter Judy -- age 16 -- saw me unwrap it, and shook her head.

"Off-body carry, Dad?" She shook her head. "Not a great idea." She looked over the various attachments and tried it out. "Marginal," she decided.

That is classic! :lol: Great kid. :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.