Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tucker gunleather 
 Post subject: Tucker gunleather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:44 pm 

http://www.tuckergunleatherblog.com/200 ... -and-well/

15% off a holster, 25% off the 2nd one. I expect this will push the wait time out a ways, but I'm willing to wait. I ordered a couple.

Post subject: Re: Tucker gunleather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

ChillyW wrote:
http://www.tuckergunleatherblog.com/2006/12/07/no-scrooge-here-but-rudolph-is-alive-and-well/

15% off a holster, 25% off the 2nd one. I expect this will push the wait time out a ways, but I'm willing to wait. I ordered a couple.

That's "The Answer". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

They're definitely quality gear and Rob is great to work with. My Answer didn't work out because of my love handles. The trigger guard side of the kydex is only secured by two retention screws at the bottom. Since I wear the holster empty at work, the body shield gets pushed out by me and the kydex gets pulled in by the belt. One handed holstering was an act of contortionism and self lasering. It usually ended up with the slide getting partially racked. This is more a problem of my body type than the holster specifically. As I said, the holster is great quality and Rob is taking it back painlessly for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
They're definitely quality gear and Rob is great to work with. My Answer didn't work out because of my love handles. The trigger guard side of the kydex is only secured by two retention screws at the bottom. Since I wear the holster empty at work, the body shield gets pushed out by me and the kydex gets pulled in by the belt. One handed holstering was an act of contortionism and self lasering. It usually ended up with the slide getting partially racked. This is more a problem of my body type than the holster specifically. As I said, the holster is great quality and Rob is taking it back painlessly for me.

Wear (buy) pants that are one size larger and get a belt that is two inches larger (thicker) than you are. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wear (buy) pants that are one size larger and get a belt that is two inches larger (thicker) than you are. :wink:[/quote]

I tried that aproach. The construction, m physique, and my wearing habits don't work together. If I screw with the belt, I risk exposing a bi more than the gun :-) and if I leave it tight enough to wear it clamps things shut. I'm looking for a full kydex insert that is one hand holsterable and canted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
... I'm looking for a full kydex insert that is one hand holsterable and canted.

That sounds like my Comp-Tac CTAC. I liked it fine when I carried a 1911. If your gun is a 1911, you could try my holster. It's funny, I actually thought I really wanted the Tucker Answer, but didn't want to spend quite that much money so I got the CTAC instead. My guess is, it's slightly less comfortable than the Answer, but I can tell you from a couples years' IDPA experience that it reholsters one-handed just fine, without covering yourself at all if you cock your hip out a little, which after reading about other people's reholstering mishaps, is how I always do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
Wear (buy) pants that are one size larger and get a belt that is two inches larger (thicker) than you are. :wink:

plblark wrote:
I tried that aproach. The construction, m physique, and my wearing habits don't work together. If I screw with the belt, I risk exposing a bi more than the gun :-) and if I leave it tight enough to wear it clamps things shut. I'm looking for a full kydex insert that is one hand holsterable and canted.

I can holster just fine with one hand. I'm big enough around the waist, but maybe not as "big boned" as yourself(?)

What gun are you carrying. I've got a real nice hand made leather IWB holster made by Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, LLC. that might work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:54 am 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
JDR wrote:

plblark wrote:

I can holster just fine with one hand. I'm big enough around the waist, but maybe not as "big boned" as yourself(?)

What gun are you carrying. I've got a real nice hand made leather IWB holster made by Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, LLC. that might work for you.

Rock Island 1911a1. HEck, I'll try anything especially if it won't lead to a holster drawer. I can't afford to have a bunch of idle leather in my house this time of year :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
JDR wrote:
JDR wrote:

plblark wrote:

Rock Island 1911a1. HEck, I'll try anything especially if it won't lead to a holster drawer. I can't afford to have a bunch of idle leather in my house this time of year :-)

Sorry. Your gun is to big. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.