Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cheap ear protection 
 Post subject: Cheap ear protection
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:36 pm 

Don't get me wrong, I love Harbor Freight as well as Dean's posts, but if you have plans to hear your grandkids' voices some day, spend a couple of bucks more on some foam plugs or on a better set of ear muffs before you throw money at these. I bought a pair of these for my kid to play with about two years back. They don't provide hearing protection unless you pull out the two sponge inserts in each ear piece and pack some dense cloth or other material in to them. They provide an o.k. seal around/over your ears, but there's virtually no material in them to actually muffle sounds. Instead of wearing these, you'd be better off to cock your head to one side so one ear is blocked off by the top of your shoulder, use your index finger to plug your other ear, and then just shoot your gun one handed. Just an FYI.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: sounds like the old motorcycle helmet ad...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 pm 

something like "If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet."

(I probably shouldn't talk - I think I got my electronic muffs at HF for $15 -- they're not as good as others, but they seem to work adequately enough)

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 pm 
1911 tainted

Who needs all that plastic crap. A just fired, piece of warm 45 acp brass works just fine and if you shoot much at all, you have an almost endless supply. So save yourself a couple of bucks on the hearing protection and spend it on more ammo and you will get the brass ear plugs with the ammo for free. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:10 pm 

I bought two of those, and they work just as good as any of the ones you borrow from the ranges I have been to. No regrets 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:25 pm 

billsnogo wrote:
I bought two of those, and they work just as good as any of the ones you borrow from the ranges I have been to. No regrets 8)

That's why I bring extra earmuffs to the range when bringing new shooters.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.