Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Sig 225's 
 Post subject: Sig 225's
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:37 pm 
Delicate Flower

Looks like Gander will be listing pre-owned Sig 225's in the near future. Happened across some flyers not yet in circulation...........pre-owned, holster, 2- 8rd mags.............349.xx

For what it's worth the used one currently on display was 549.xx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Were these CPO do you know?

Quote:
Certified Pre Owned These pistols have been gone over by Sigarms Armorer and all springs and pins have been replaced as needed. The pistol has been completely refinished with black nitron and look as good as new

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:51 pm 

I just told my wife yesterday that I was done buying pistols for a while as I just bought a 220ST and couldn't think of anything else I needed right now, famous last words I guess...

Has it been a while yet? These Sigs are addiciting and thats a killer price if they are in decent shape and an absolute steal if they are CPO's from Sig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:56 am 
Delicate Flower

Not much info from the crew on last night. I will try and find out more today and post. They are not on sale yet. Might be this weekend's ad.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 am 
Longtime Regular

That's a good price. SOG has German police trade-in P225s/P6s for $399.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:24 am 
1911 tainted

They have 4 Sig 225 for $349.xx at the Mankato Gander Mountain, they said they have had them out for a couple of days. These though are not as new, they have holster wear but nothing serious.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Just a hint on those Sig CPO guns. They come in two grades -

Those with part numbers ending in a "1" (such as E-26-40-B-1) are the better grade CPOs, normally demo guns or factory seconds with minor cosmetic problems.

Those ending in a "2" are law enforcement returns that have seen some action.. or at least a good deal of holster time. They'll generally be pretty beat up, although functional.

If you have a choice between the two, you will of course want the grade "1" guns. :)

Also check the guns for night sights, because now and then they'll throw one in there and it won't be marked as such. If it has three dot sights and it's a Sig you can be sure that they're night sights (and they probably have at least a few more years of glow to them).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 pm 
1911 tainted

squib_joe wrote:

Those with part numbers ending in a "1" (such as E-26-40-B-1) are the better grade CPOs, normally demo guns or factory seconds with minor cosmetic problems.

Those ending in a "2" are law enforcement returns that have seen some action.. or at least a good deal of holster time. They'll generally be pretty beat up, although functional.

If you have a choice between the two, you will of course want the grade "1" guns. :)

Also check the guns for night sights, because now and then they'll throw one in there and it won't be marked as such. If it has three dot sights and it's a Sig you can be sure that they're night sights (and they probably have at least a few more years of glow to them).

So are you saying part number or serial number??

I'm may be a little behind the curve, but I have never seen a part number on a firearm, just a serial number and a model number maybe.

So please explain. :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
squib_joe wrote:

So are you saying part number or serial number??

I'm may be a little behind the curve, but I have never seen a part number on a firearm, just a serial number and a model number maybe.

So please explain. :oops:

This is a part number (or they may call it the "item number"). You'll see it on a white sticker on the side of the case that comes with the pistol.. so ask to see the case!

It will look like this, but followed by a number "1" or "2". Here is an example of a grade 1 CPO label:

Last edited by squib_joe on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:29 pm 

I belive he's talking about the part number on the tag. That tag is located on the case. It won't be marked on the gun itself.

Had me nervous as I picked up my 220ST CPO today and noticed that it ended in a "2". Gun is perfect though, only way I can tell it's used (besides the bright red case) is the normal wear on the barrel finish (why they opted for a black finish on the barrel of a 220ST instead of making it polished stainless is a mystery to me).

Edit: SquibJoe, I thought it was the tag on the right side with the barcoding.. What does it mean if there is no number after the part number then??

Mine just reads UD220-45-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm 

The Sig 225's that Gander Mountain and Cabela's have are not CPO's. They are police trade in's from europe. They are usually stamped P6 on them as well. They have had these for awhile now. Sig CPO's come in a red Sig box and have the blue tyvek band on the grip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:23 pm 
1911 tainted

Mplsspyder wrote:
The Sig 225's that Gander Mountain and Cabela's have are not CPO's. They are police trade in's from europe. They are usually stamped P6 on them as well. They have had these for awhile now. Sig CPO's come in a red Sig box and have the blue tyvek band on the grip.

I know that some B1's and B2's in red cases are coming out of some local retailers, Sig factory refurbish that look almost new.

Thanks for the heads up, but there are some Sig red boxes at our local retailers such as Scheels All Sports in Mankato.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm 

I shot my buddy’s Sig again today. It is a nice gun. Really, really nice.

The only thing keeping me away from this platform (other than money…), is that I am a 1911 guy. I would have to re-learn too much to make it work in a SHTF type scenario.

Oh boy, but it’s smooth…

And BTW, during the 4 day thingy at Front Sight, the only guns which made it through the whole course, without a single jam or foul up, were the Sigs. The Glocks were eating the dirt the 1st day (can't be!), and the 1911’s (all marks…) really started to show the dirt on day 2. 1911's really NEED a clean feed ramp.

The guy who shot next to me throughout was a retired USN Chief. He was shooting a Sig 229 in .40 S&W, and never had a hiccup. I mean not a single glitch.

At the end of the four days, the Chief told me that he hadn’t bothered to clean that pistol in years. Though the Navy is allowed a few big fish stories, this one had me wondering… Huhmm...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.