Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Group buy Ideas 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Dealer price break at Midway on 380 acp DPX is 10¢ per box. :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:31 am 

DeanC wrote:
Dealer price break at Midway on 380 acp DPX is 10¢ per box. :(

Midway's "dealer pricing" is really hit or miss, with a lot more misses than hits overall. Very disappointing. Feels like almost more of a gimmick than a price break. I suspect that if we could find .380 DPX locally anywhere, we'd buy it for the same as Midway's dealer price.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 am 
Longtime Regular

They are worthless on ammo and components, but other things can be a screaming deal. They had the Caldwell Lead Sled for something like $80 or $90 off retail a couple months back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

AR upper - complete assemblies, since these do not require an FFL.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

...or maybe someone knows where we could get a group discount on "tactical" type flashlight. eg. Surefire or similar

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:08 pm 
On time out

I am in for a group buy on a Desert Shemagh. So at the next steel shoot i can stay cool and use my new name of Mustapha Keg.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/prdesh.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

KonaSeven wrote:
...or maybe someone knows where we could get a group discount on "tactical" type flashlight. eg. Surefire or similar

IIRC Surefire is strict about group discounts and memberships for discounts and etc. They want to control the prices of their product.

I started looking on Candle Power Forums and there are a TON of possibilities. There's also Every Day Carry (EDC.com) for tools and gadgets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
KonaSeven wrote:

IIRC Surefire is strict about group discounts and memberships for discounts and etc. They want to control the prices of their product..........

Now that you mention it I think I read about that in a THR discussion. I think there are plenty of equivalant products. If it gets bright when I want it to, I would be happy with whatever brand can be arranged.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

CPF does have some really nice lights, especially the custom ones. I recommend the Torch.

Some lights let the other guy see you.

Some lights let you see him.

Some lights blind him.

This one sets him on fire.

I'm only sort of joking: it can light a sheet of newspaper in 2 seconds.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:32 am 
Longtime Regular

KonaSeven wrote:

DPMS Upper Assembly AR-15 A3 Flattop Upper with Bolt Carrier Assembly 223 Remington 1 in 9" Twist 16" Bull Stainless Steel Dealer Price: $396.99

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
KonaSeven wrote:

DPMS Upper Assembly AR-15 A3 Flattop Upper with Bolt Carrier Assembly 223 Remington 1 in 9" Twist 16" Bull Stainless Steel Dealer Price: $396.99

My personal current preference would be an A2 in 5.56 with light barrel. 16" with chrome bore and chamber. Similar to photo. To compliment my 20" Bull Panther.

Image 8) 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

I guess this would be it. (DPMS uppers with CAR designation are 5.56)

MidwayUSA Item

DPMS Upper Assembly AR-15 A2 CAR with Bolt Carrier Assembly and M4 Oval Handguards 223 Remington 1 in 9" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Matte Pre-Ban

This AR-15 upper receiver comes complete with bolt and carrier assembly, A2 front sight, permanently attached 5-1/2" flash hider and bayonet lug. Ready to install on your AR-15 lower. Barrel is chrome moly, with a 1 in 9" twist. Flash hider is permanently attached to reach required length limits.

Product #: 541102
Manufacturer #: BA-A2AS-CAR 1x9
Dealer Price: $398.99
Retail Price: $487.99

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:51 am 

Ammo

And here's why.

The price we pay for the same brand can vary by 2 times.

Example. I'm currently buying 32acp at about 8.50 / 50, delivered S&B (Century Arms)

it's 11.50 plus shipping at Natchez

it's 15.00 plus shipping at Midway

Don't know where to buy it in the TC area

To find the best price is time consuming. It's not so much that a group buy does better. A group buy from Midway would probably be higher than an individual buy elsewhere. Buying a pallet of 100,000 rounds would probably not work too well since we all don't like the same calibers.

The real issue is to share information about where we've looked and the prices we've seen.

not all dealers have good prices on all ammo, so one dealer with a great deal on .223 WOLF may charged double anyone else for 45 acp.

Anyway, suggestion for the board management. A sticky frequently updated with calibers and prices and sources.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.