Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Possible new group buy on the book 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 am 
Longtime Regular

I may be able to offer up 10-16 books on a group buy if there is enough interest. I will be in the metro area on the 11th and 12th in bloomington if someone wanted to pick up while I was in town. I live outside of Worthington in the SW corner of MN. If there are outstaters in this area interested please let me know. Cost would be $17.00 picked up. I would need at least 10 spoken for by next Monday the 9th of July.

Jayson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 am 

I would take three books, but I will be in Vegas from the 10th until 25th with work. Are you willing to ship any of these to zip code 55398?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

if we have enough interest I will ship to you if you pay actual shipping

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:06 am 

I would be more than willing to pay the shipping costs along with a little extra for the inconvinience. Just let me know what my final bill will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

To make this work I will still need to have 8 or so more sold. I would think this should be able to happen.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:20 am 
The Man

jaysong wrote:
To make this work I will still need to have 8 or so more sold. I would think this should be able to happen.
If you can't get sales for the eight, I'll just buy them back from you at the same price I'm selling them to you for.

I'd rather not do that, mind you -- the reason I'm generally willing to sell case lots at that steep a discount is because I make a small profit for small effort*, and getting into buying books back adds more work for me -- but I'm guessing that I won't have to do that, and am willing to try this as an experiment, with a promise that I won't be unpleasant if the experiment fails. The lesson might be that I'm best off doing one-offs, or lighter discounts for anything other than a simple case sale; probably worth learning**.

That said, getting into returning books would be a hassle for you, too, if it happens, so feel free to wait for commitments.

** Just to be clear, for those instructors who have in the past and/or want to in the future buy cases at present discount levels, or close to them: I'm not going to stop offering that. Naked self-interest -- I want you to be able to promise your students that you'll include the book and/or have it available. I think that's a win for you, and I know that's a win for me, so I want to encourage that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 am 

If this group buy does fizzle out, then where can I buy this book? I tried barnes and Noble and Amazon, but no luck. It may just be operator error on my part, but who sells them in town? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:51 am 
1911 tainted

GregN wrote:
If this group buy does fizzle out, then where can I buy this book? I tried barnes and Noble and Amazon, but no luck. It may just be operator error on my part, but who sells them in town? Thanks.

Joel would be the best source for the book.

Not to step on his toes too much, I do have them for sale on my table at gun shows in the Mankato area. The next one is August 4th & 5th in St. Peter.

As noted before, I also give them out to the people that go through my permit to carry class.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:40 am 
The Man

GregN wrote:
Cobb does; I do. I'd prefer that you buy from whoever is most convenient; if that turns out to be me, send $30 (includes taxes, shipping, postage and handling) check made payable to "Joel Rosenberg" to:

Ellegon, Inc.
Atten: Judy Rosenberg
3925 15th Avenue South
Minneapolis MN

And my daughter Judy will get one out to you.

(I really should set up a paypal link for this... when I get a round tuit.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:01 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:

(I really should set up a paypal link for this... when I get a round tuit.)

Paypal?! from a guy like you? You capitalist #$%^^$##! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: From a split thread:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

westberg wrote:
Can I request 4 copies or are you two still sorting this thread out.

Ron

Jaysong, could you PM him to gauge interest?

Post subject: Re: From a split thread:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
westberg wrote:
Can I request 4 copies or are you two still sorting this thread out.

Ron

Jaysong, could you PM him to gauge interest?

Done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

OK, since Joel has graciously offered a buy back if we do not have enough for me to buy the whole case please let me know if you would like some books. Group buy is on. I will need to know by Monday the 9th. I will do what I can to facilitate a pick or ship to you if you pay shipping.

Jayson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

O.K. here is what I have so far.

GregN - 3

Westberg - 4

Sounds like I have -27

Anyone else?

$17 plus shipping if needed.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.