Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Beretta 92/96 .22 LR Practice Kit 
 Post subject: Beretta 92/96 .22 LR Practice Kit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Beretta 92/96 .22 LR Practice Kit

Beretta really has these kits marked down.

Was $449.00 now $249.00

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Kona, thanks for the info and do not take offense at what I am about to spout.

I had a similar "kit" for a 1911. I thought that it was cute and a good idea, at first, for practice and saving money. I found, and this only applies to me YMMV, that it did nothing for me and how I shoot.

I am not a pistolero and thus do not target shoot. I solely practice for the eventuality that I will need it to defend myself and/or family. Anyhow, I found that it did nothing for shot recovery and adjustment for second and other follow-up shots. The action and reaction just didn't do it for me. Again, this is just for me and my use. Yes, I sold it, well actually traded it for another 1911 that needed some work..................

I could see where it would work relatively well for target shooters that just want to practice grip/hold and trigger work.........

especially going from a 9mm to 22 cal....:twisted: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:56 am 
Longtime Regular

actually, it only brings it more in-line with the Ciener kits that are made for price.

Intriguing though.

We use a ceiner 22 rimfire adapter on the M16's at guards. Jam alot, but worth the trigger time when it let's us practice indoors when we would otherwise have to travel 2 hours to shoot one way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:13 am 
Forum Moderator

They ahve great utility for introducing new shooters to live fire. I have a fair number of younger people that take a familiarity class. It is much easier for them to have fun with a "real gun" that shoots a .22 than with a typical target .22. My CZ 75 Kadet is one of the most popular in my intro classes; yet, I have a real hard time trying to get them to appreciate a typical target .22.

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 am 
Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, it probably won't fit my Taurus PT-99!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 am 
Longtime Regular

Jon and Paul, interesting points and thanks for pointing them out. I was just thinking about it from my personal use and perspective and didn't think about broader uses. Wish I would have know that, as I would have donated it to either of you for your uses..................... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:02 am 
Longtime Regular

It's a matter of the tool fitting the intended fix.

I've shot a very nice Beretta 96 with the conversion and it's fun. Big gun full grip, same trigger / grip feel every time. but much cheaper to shoot and less noise / recoil. I think they're a great way to work over the basics, get some confidence up, and then transition. In my case, I can go .22lr to 9mm to .40 S&W all on the same platform.

It's GREAT for new shooters but also fun for plinking. The price is steep but the quality is good. A dedicated .22 LR is nice but this way you can work one gun with multiple calibers.

For defensive pistol use after introduction ... maybe not as useful. It might be ok for sight, slack, press drills though. You could also use it to work through some flinch issues and a bit of muscle memory.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.