Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dick's Ammo coupon 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Blackriv73 wrote:
gman1868 wrote:
I got 3 boxes of 50 rounds at 50% off. I bought 20 total because at $256 out the door, that's cheaper than any other factory ammo delivered to my home from an internet dealer.

I also went back later for 9mm Luger, but they also have a sale that if you buy a case of 10 boxes of 9mm, the price per box was $6.98 (cheap!)

Does Dick's even sell by the case? Sweet! I wonder, if you check out up front do you think the average retail clerk would let you use the coupon on 2 cases?

They wouldn't let me :-( but by the time I made 4 purchases with 4 coupons and they let me use the 4 $10 off $50 or more coupons I had, I didn't complain. I ALMOST called the manager to "Thank" him for not letting me spend more :-)

I mean, really... when the checkout will give you 25% off on EVERY box you buy and the manager limits it to 6 boxes, bringing you to just over $50 and the computer / checker scans the second coupon (~20% off), it gets to be a GOOD day. ESPECIALLY if the manager was a jerk about it and lied about the reason he needed 3 coupons.

Let's see... $120 per case, with 50% coupon = ~$180 for 1000 rounds. ~$0.18 / round.

$13 per box*75% after coupon * 80% after coupon = $7.8 per 50 = $0.156 per round ~$156 for 1000 rounds.

Carrying it out, he saved me on the order of $24 on the ammo I was originally intending to buy not to mention the $50 in merchandise I left at the counter when he told me i needed 3 separate coupons because each coupon had a separate bar code on it ... Quite a feat since I printed them all from the same file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I didn't get any ammo, but I did get a pair of Wolverine boots -- $179 marked down to $46.

I know my ancestors are smiling down on me and saying, "Retail is for suckers."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.