Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 group buy on all STI pistols 
 Post subject: group buy on all STI pistols
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 pm 
Journeyman Member

Larry Correia owner of FBMG is doing a group buy on ALL STI pistols in honor of their decision to halt CA sales due to the passage of microstamping.. heck let Larry tell it:

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/ ... group-buy/

STI Group Buy
Posted on November 15, 2007 by correia45
I normally do these about once a quarter, but I’m doing this one a little early in celebration of STI giving California the finger. They already weren’t selling to California’s regular people due to the idiotic drop testing rules, but they were still selling to law enforcement, but after microstamping passed, not anymore. I believe this is either the 5th or 6th time we’ve done this group buy, and they’ve all been successful.

STI pistols are excellent. Their single stack guns stack up or beat anything Kimber or Springfield has to offer, and on this group buy, I can get them to you at Kimber level prices. STI’s double stack guns dominate competition pistol shooting for a reason. I’ve got a lot of guns, but my STI Tactical is probably the gun that I shoot the best.

This is how it works. Pick any gun and options at www.stiguns.com and then e-mail me at larry AT fbmginc.com for a quote. We will arrange payment via e-mail. I can take checks, money orders, or credit cards.

I’m offering STI pistols at killer prices. By ordering them in bulk, I get a super discount, and I can pass that along to you.

I’ll be taking orders until December 1st. At that point I’ll turn the order into STI. Some guns are in stock and will ship immediately. Most guns have about a 10 week turn around time from STI at this point in time. So ETA on shipping to you would be early February.

Unlike a lot of group buys, I don’t need any sort of minimum number of orders to proceed. Basically anything I fall short on, I just buy more store stock inventory to reach the quantity necessary.

Thanks

I don't work for STI, Larry or FBMG just so y'all know.

"Those that give up Freedom for security, will soon have no freedom or security"

Ben Franklin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:07 am 
1911 tainted

Here is STI's press release -

http://www.stiguns.com/CA-PressRelease.pdf

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:32 am 
Delicate Flower

cobb wrote:

I e-mailed them a short note applauding their decision. I would suggest that if any of you are so inclined do the same. It will help reinforce their decision

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
cobb wrote:

I e-mailed them a short note applauding their decision. I would suggest that if any of you are so inclined do the same. It will help reinforce their decision

Done.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fantastic, an STI just went to the top of my list.
Well done. Email sent.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:50 pm 
1911 tainted

I do own a STI Trojan in 9mm and said I would never buy one again. So many problem right away, failure to feed, the frame and slide were 2 different shades of bluing plus some other issues that I could not believe it even got out of their plant. Yes they fixed it, every problem on their dime including shipping.

Guess I will have to give them another look if I am in the market for a 1911 format. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

How does not selling in the CA market help the 2A movement there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:15 am 

I think the idea is that, if the government of California wants to prevent its citizens from owning these guns but still wants access to those guns for their own governmental and law enforcement purposes, the manufacturers should tell them to go suck an egg. (aka "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...") But I agree that it's a Pyrrhic victory, if it's any kind of victory at all, since Californians still won't be able to buy them and the state will just move on to another vendor. A net loss, in my opinion.

Dirk

P.S. I think this follows in the wake of a similar move by Barrett? Is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:56 am 
Longtime Regular

vfrdirk wrote:
(aka "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...") But I agree that it's a Pyrrhic victory, if it's any kind of victory at all, since Californians still won't be able to buy them and the state will just move on to another vendor. A net loss, in my opinion.

Dirk

P.S. I think this follows in the wake of a similar move by Barrett? Is that right?

Barrett did the same. From what I remember they won't even service rifles from CA any more.

But that is a bit different. There are not many companies that make .50 or .416 rifles with all the features that police snipers want. STI on the other hand makes pistols, and there are a whole bag of manufactures for what ever caliber you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 am 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
Barrett did the same. From what I remember they won't even service rifles from CA any more.

No, Barrett just won't service law enforcement owned rifles from California. Big difference.

Basically, STI said, "We're not going to retool for useless microstamping. We're done jumping through your hoops."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:13 am 
The Man

Me, I'm with the CA government on this one. Microstamping is a huge leap forward; to defeat it would require criminals to have access to hard to get items, like sandpaper and files, to use guns other than the ones that they've bought through licensed dealers, or to use revolvers, and then forget to dump out the cases from their lawfully-bought handguns onto the ground.

I mean, what are the chances of any of them ever doing any of that?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Me, I'm with the CA government on this one. Microstamping is a huge leap forward; to defeat it would require criminals to have access to hard to get items, like sandpaper and files, to use guns other than the ones that they've bought through licensed dealers, or to use revolvers, and then forget to dump out the cases from their lawfully-bought handguns onto the ground.

I mean, what are the chances of any of them ever doing any of that?

+1 I agree with Joel. What does the honest guy or gal have to fear from this common sense law. In time it will work great. Just look how taking Sudafed off the shelf stopped the Meth dealer in their tracks. Now to make it really effective we will just have to have any abrasive products such and sand paper or files such as Joel mentioned sold in limited numbers with background checks. If this law just saves the life of one child, isn't it worth it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:39 pm 
Delicate Flower

jaysong wrote:

+1 I agree with Joel. What does the honest guy or gal have to fear from this common sense law. In time it will work great. Just look how taking Sudafed off the shelf stopped the Meth dealer in their tracks. Now to make it really effective we will just have to have any abrasive products such and sand paper or files such as Joel mentioned sold in limited numbers with background checks. If this law just saves the life of one child, isn't it worth it?

Along the same lines I purchased several cans of spray paint at K-Mart the other day...............was asked my birth date and simply responded with "I am over 18" when that didn't work so I gave her 1/1/80 which for some reason didn't work in the computer................she finally gave up on me and punched in her own birth date. :twisted: :twisted:

I know I look young but............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 pm 
On time out

Actually for the short period of time when sudafed was kept behind the counter, the purity of Meth dropped significantly, and as people were taking less potent Meth, it was easier to get people off the stuff. The ban did work, and it was working even more, until the Mexicans began buying the precursor elements directly from pakistan by the cargo load, which meant much higher purity and strength.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
Actually for the short period of time when sudafed was kept behind the counter, the purity of Meth dropped significantly, and as people were taking less potent Meth, it was easier to get people off the stuff. The ban did work, and it was working even more, until the Mexicans began buying the precursor elements directly from pakistan by the cargo load, which meant much higher purity and strength.

It almost sounds like capitalism at work. Maybe we should take a lesson from the Russians and not try to fight it by outspending the other side.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.