Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trade-In's Recommendations - Done Deal 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

hehe, no offense intended plblark, for lack of a better term I referred to myself as a civilian, I don't personally consider most LEO's to be any better than myself, most of the ones I have dealt with are on a power trip, try to make me nervous or intimidate me, and generally leave a bad taste in my mouth. There are a handful I have been impressed with, sadly the ratio isn't too great. But if I can get their pricing on a Glock I'm ok with that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Just to follow up on the topic, this Saturday after walking through the gun show at the state fair grounds, I tooled over to Frontiersman and then the Gunstop in Minnetonka.

Traded my Ruger P series .45 in on a Glock 21 to match my 19, now I only need to know how to shoot one gun (that is my justification, weak as it is). Gunstop had a lower sticker price and offered $10 more for my Ruger. All of that aside, the older gentlemen behind the counter on the firearm side was pleasant to talk with, answered all of my questions, and joked around with me on a variety of issues.

A welcome surprise as my young age of 26 seems to make most guys automatically conclude that I don't know what I'm talking about and am there to expand my mall-ninja arsenal. Probably could have saved $50 by going through Streichers GSSF program, but I liked the way I was treated.

This was my first trip to the Gunstop, I enjoyed my time there, was happy with the deal that was offered, and didn't bother to haggle on the price. These guys deserve a few extra dollars and I hope they stay in business.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.