Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ammo sale at MidwayUSA 
 Post subject: Ammo sale at MidwayUSA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 am 
Longtime Regular

I just received this ad from MidwayUSA. Depending on your local prices it might help out.

Magtech Ammo Sale

Basically it looks like they are offering dealer price to everyone for a while.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 am 

I like Magtech and I'm down to my last couple boxes. Its been a while so I've got a bit of sticker shock on the .40 - is $15 a box really a good enough price to warrant mail ordering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Can't comment too much on .40, Midway says they are out of stock and on backorder.

For 9mm the Midway sale seems competitive with Natchez. Natchez has Blazer Brass for $9.99 a box and Magtech at $10.49/box. Shipping is similar.

Can't include Ammoman.com as the guy's website says the majority of his offerings on cheaper ammo are sold out, and its been that way for the last few months that I have been looking.

Seems like for the price of a big ammo stock-up, I could buy everything I need to start reloading my own practice ammo.

Gotta submit to the time consumption factor of reloading, but on the other hand I have been submitting to paying a lot of money for factory ammo. "Get cheap or get hosed" seems to be today's ammo motto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 pm 

Serious question: at $9.99/50 you are at $19.98 for a 100rds of 9mm. Wal-mart has 100rds of WWB for $18.99($20.22 after tax). After figuring in either a lot of shipping cost per box(small order) or the inconvenience(financial, storage, etc) of ordering a large quantity at a time why would anyone buy ammo online?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Shipping cost from midway on 1000rds of 45acp was calculated at only $30.

Magtech Ammunition 45 ACP 230 Grain Fully Metal Coated Round Nose Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) for $322 + $30 shipping = $350, .35 per round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 am 
Longtime Regular

mitchx3 wrote:
Serious question: at $9.99/50 you are at $19.98 for a 100rds of 9mm. Wal-mart has 100rds of WWB for $18.99($20.22 after tax). After figuring in either a lot of shipping cost per box(small order) or the inconvenience(financial, storage, etc) of ordering a large quantity at a time why would anyone buy ammo online?

Only reason I can come up with is: 1. if you aren't geographically close to Walmart, 2. if you hate Walmart, or 3. because you can.

Otherwise, I've not seen anyone beat Walmart for new, factory ammo.

Military surplus ammo on the other hand is a different story. Although that is few and far between now for any common pistol caliber (9mm, .45acp or otherwise).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.