Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cheap Ammo. Walmart??? or somewhere else??? 
 Post subject: Cheap Ammo. Walmart??? or somewhere else???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 pm 

Hi,
I have been reading the deals and trying to find some cheap practice ammo-- Tried to call Pony Express and the # is not is service :cry:

I have liked his ammo in the past but he is hard to reach

Anybody have any ideas where a guy can get 9mm FMJ at around 9-10 bucks for 50 rounds

I also need some .38 wadcutters

Is Walmart really the BEST place for cheap ammo.?

Thanks much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Last I checked, 9mm Winchester white box 100-round packs were still $18ish at Wal-Mart. Prices are up across the board. If you've got more time than money, enjoy tinkering, and can follow directions, buying a press and reloading is your best option for affordable ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 pm 

I'm pretty sure I saw that the WWB at the Walmarts in the northern burbs was sticker priced $19.72 for the 100 box a couple days ago. Must have gone up again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:47 pm 

Yup in Coon Rapids and Blaine Walmarts at ~$20/100 white box 9.

They've stopped selling Blazer Brass .40 too, apparently it wasn't a "good seller".
I told the guy that was crap because I bought 4 boxes each time I saw them, often clearing them out.
Now I have to find some place else to buy cheap ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:25 pm 

Thanks guys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wal*Mart is about the cheapest I've found for common calibers..........9mm, .380, .40 & .45acp.

NOTE: Info based on my observations after visiting Gander Mountain, Cabela's and a few other places in southern MN, that sell ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Last friday I ordered ammo online. I stopped into Streichers, and they were sold out of Federal HST in .45, so I started searching online. Found ammunitiontogo.com and Tactical Defense Solutions LLC.

Well I found a thread on THR, and the guys at TDS are offering a discount to THR members. So that negated the shipping basically, making the order more cost effective and more comparable to Streichers prices.

Like to buy from Streichers for carry ammo, but they are sold out as often as not. Ammo is tough to come by or stores too.

TDS is out of New Hampshire I believe. Both places are selling boxes of 50 rounds, for similar price to what most places sell boxes of 20 rounds for.

Worth a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

EJSG19 wrote:
Tactical Defense Solutions LLC.

www.tds-us.com

Got a link to the THR discount?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll edit when I find it.

basically type in "THR" as you go through the checkout process. It should apply that by the time you get to the confirm payment part.

More to follow...

*Edit* Here try this URL, toward the bottom of the 2nd page of posts you'll see "TDSUS" posting the code, and confirming the code works. Friday afternoon it wasn't working, I emailed the guy and he got it going.

http://thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=215101&page=2

I ordered 5 boxes of HST .45acp +p, and the discount was about $9.60 I think. Hopefully TDS doesn't mind me sharing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 pm 
Journeyman Member

Supposidly Walmart honors competitors coupons. Print one from the site listed below.

Dicks coupon for ammo

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=754368

Click on the outdoors PDF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 pm 

FYI

Wal-Mart in Shakopee had Blazer Brass 9mm 50-round box for 8.97. That was cheaper than WWB (over $10/box).

The Blazer Brass .45 was the same price as WWB and UMC 250 pack .45 was a lot more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:46 pm 

lumbering.buffalo wrote:
FYI

Wal-Mart in Shakopee had Blazer Brass 9mm 50-round box for 8.97. That was cheaper than WWB (over $10/box).

The Blazer Brass .45 was the same price as WWB and UMC 250 pack .45 was a lot more.
I got .40 Blazer Brass at Wally World for $9/50--got the last three boxes as they were on clearance. So, if you see a deal there on Blazer Brass, it will only be till inventory is gone.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 am 
Longtime Regular

EJSG19 wrote:
I'll edit when I find it.

basically type in "THR" as you go through the checkout process. It should apply that by the time you get to the confirm payment part.

More to follow...

*Edit* Here try this URL, toward the bottom of the 2nd page of posts you'll see "TDSUS" posting the code, and confirming the code works. Friday afternoon it wasn't working, I emailed the guy and he got it going.

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=215101&page=2

I ordered 5 boxes of HST .45acp +p, and the discount was about $9.60 I think. Hopefully TDS doesn't mind me sharing that.

To follow up, and quote myself...

Ammo came by Fedex, arrived in 6 days from the night I ordered it, packed tight in foam peanuts. Replaced the ball ammo with the HST's and waiting for a free night this week or next to hit BPR and see how it shoots from the 21.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:49 pm 

Cabela's just sent me a coupon for 20% off if I spend $120 so... Keep an eye out

Post subject: Ammo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:52 am 

Dick's has 9MM UMC for $ 7.98/50 (case price) this week.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.