Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 December 16th Flyer is ready! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:34 pm 
Journeyman Member

Gander in Lakeville is done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Today I hit Bill's Robbinsdale.

I also hit Dick's in Minnetonka - they probably will just post it for the gun counter employees.

I also hit Camden Hardware Hank. You might remember this:
http://www.kmsp.com/search/story.asp?1640605

Quote:
Don't Mess with "Hardware Hank"

One person who is happy with the state's "permit to carry" law is the owner of a small hardware store in Minneapolis. A man with a gun tried to rob the manager of Camden Hardware in the 48-hundred block of Lyndale Avenue North just after 9 last night. The manager decided to fight back, and it’s not the first time.

At this hardware store in north Minneapolis, owner Andy Lange helps his customers with repairs and home improvement projects. But when it comes to bagging bad guys, Lange and his employees are more do-it-yourself. "I guess they should defend themselves but actively going out and chasing someone in the long run is probably not a good idea."

The store manager was locking up Wednesday night when he noticed a strange car parked across the street. He ran over to his truck, but before he could get there, he was met by a man with a gun pointed right at his face, demanding money. That's when the manager pulled out his own gun and started shooting.The suspect then ran back across the street, got in a vehicle and sped off.

Police caught up with the suspect a short time later at North Memorial where he was being treated for a gunshot wound. Officers also arrested two accomplices who were in the car. The store manager wasn't hurt.

"I think he was very concerned and shook up as somebody would be after something like that. But the way it sounds, he handled himself well and is not a person to mess with."

This isn't the first time workers have foiled an attempted robbery at their store. In November of 2003, Lange and another employee ran after a suspect who robbed the store at knifepoint. They held him until police arrived. "Those people would still be out there and maybe the next person out there might have gotten shot or hurt or whatever, so it is kind of nice that things work out for the good guys."

Lange has no plans to move his business, but he may upgrade the store's security system. As for the store manager, he's enjoying a few well-earned days off. But he's sure to be a shoe-in for “Employee of the Month” when he returns.

"I'm just happy he's OK and hopefully he'll be back soon doing what he does best."

Minneapolis police say the manager does have a legal permit to carry a weapon. Investigators say no charges are expected against him because this appears to be a case of self-defense.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:36 am 
Longtime Regular

I apologize in advance for the thread drift (Dean started it ;)).

Anyone know Mr. Lange personally or have any details on what kind of gun he used? Quite a story...he's a real stallion.

Post subject: Re: December 16th Flyer is ready!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:35 am 
Journeyman Member

joelr wrote:
... at long last.

You can find it right here.

Please print, forward, and email, far and wide -- and let us know where you've left copies, to avoid duplication.

Posted on my LJ and on Guns on LJ.

"Those that give up Freedom for security, will soon have no freedom or security"

Ben Franklin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is anyone taking the LFI course on Saturday? It might be something to mention during the course. For that matter, you could even ask Mr. Ayoob if he'd like to attend :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
I apologize in advance for the thread drift (Dean started it ;)).

Anyone know Mr. Lange personally or have any details on what kind of gun he used? Quite a story...he's a real stallion.

I do know the store manager and the gun he used in this second incident was a Walther PPK. He has since moved into something with a bit more OOMPF

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.