Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Saturday? On a Saturday?. 
 Post subject: Saturday? On a Saturday?.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Saturday? On a Saturday?. You gun people planned a meeting on a Saturday evening in December? Are you nuts?"

This was my wife's comments when I asked her if December 16th was open, because I wanted to go to a "gun meeting". :roll: :roll:

...So far the Social Director of the family said that the date is (temporary) open, but it might change depending on holiday parties and/or other social engagements. :oops: :oops:

Guess, I might be there...... :(

Post subject: :idea:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Just push for the holiday parties that may pop up to be held at Stubb & Herb's.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Priorities, priorities.

The New Thing meeting, IMO, is far better than some stuffy party full of tacky Xmas sweaters, lousy eggnog and lousier conversation/company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I take it you're single.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Works really well for us. Phorvick and I will be teaching a class. Afterwards I go home, drop off the weaponry, then LB and I will head out to Stub & Herb's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
Priorities, priorities.

The New Thing meeting, IMO, is far better than some stuffy party full of tacky Xmas sweaters, lousy eggnog and lousier conversation/company.

You may want to "talk" to our friend Joel.
You know, the one who is married to the spouse that he refers to as "The one who must be obeyed". :?

Brewman wrote:
I take it you're single.

Brewman, you might be right. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
Priorities, priorities.

As my first year at a company that does this sort of "fun" stuff, I am not sure what I am going to do.

Brewman wrote:
I take it you're single.

Yes. And I am the only single person my age, except for the other guy. All others are married, have kids, are 35-65 and 80% women.

At the new thing at least I will have one thing in common with the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
Brewman wrote:
I take it you're single.

Brewman, you might be right. :roll:

ASS U ME away guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was hoping to make it, but it doesn't look like I can. :( I hate to miss out on meeting everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:21 am 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
Priorities, priorities.

The Mrs. and I both agree. Christmas "get togethers" are too much work with zero fun.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Saturday? On a Saturday?.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:58 am 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
This was my wife's comments when I asked her if December 16th was open, because I wanted to go to a "gun meeting". :roll: :roll:

...So far the Social Director of the family said that the date is (temporary) open, but it might change depending on holiday parties and/or other social engagements. :oops: :oops:

This is not a "gun meeting" but a holiday party for the forum! It's all based on how you look at it and communicate it to the wife.

What does a holiday party entail... Meet with people you spend to much time with, drinking maybe involved and you might get a trinket (holster swap) to remember the meeting that you might use in the future or might not. Sounds like a holiday party to me! :D :D :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:08 pm 
The Man

That'd be my take, too. I'm hoping that anybody who is absent on the 16th feels -- with good reason -- that he or she missed out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
JDR wrote:

This is not a "gun meeting" but a holiday party for the forum! It's all based on how you look at it and communicate it to the wife.

What does a holiday party entail... Meet with people you spend to much time with, drinking maybe involved and you might get a trinket (holster swap) to remember the meeting that you might use in the future or might not. Sounds like a holiday party to me! :D :D :D

Srigs, you are right. I should have worded the "party" differently. She is just use to me going to "a gun thing". She has no problem with it, and out of habit I referred to it (the holiday "party") that way.

I'm going to start watching carefully what descriptive phrases I use with her, when describing a "gun thing".

Jeez, and the possibility of swapping several (really NICE) holsters for something I can use would be a nice holiday present. I defiantly will take your advise, starting tonight. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
"Saturday? On a Saturday?. You gun people planned a meeting on a Saturday evening in December? Are you nuts?"

SHAME ON YOU JDR :lol: :lol: Knowing the season, YOU waited until 11
ELEVEN days before "THE FORUM EVENT" of the year, to ASK permission. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:
Some peoples kids :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 16th
Time: 6 PM or 1800
227 Oak ST. Minneapolis, MN 55414
Parking: Stub and Herb's has free parking for our customers behind the bar.
There are also a large number of ramps and surface lots around the University area.
http://www.stadiumvillage.com/business_detail.php?id=54

From 9pm-11pm they have a $1 menu
And it sounded like $2 "Bacardi drinks"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS 1pm 11/14/06 "Honey, can WE go to a TCCF meeting on the 16th of Dec...............sure Honey!!!!" 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
As my first year at a company that does this sort of "fun" stuff, I am not sure what I am going to do.

I would suggest moderation even if the booze is free. :wink: Remember... you will still have to work with them after Christmas.

As for a parties... not including TCC's party on the 16th, I have 4 parties plus a brewery tour scheduled. Two of them have open bars. Plus there is another party that I haven't decided on. All before Christmas.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.