Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Knowledge Distribution 
 Post subject: Knowledge Distribution
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

In my nearly year and a half in the firearms community I have had the pleasure of meeting many interesting people. Those that I have met in that time have a breadth and depth of knowledge that is truly amazing and a testament to the diversity and intelligence of our community. I would like to start a project that allows us to efficiently share the wealth of experience that we have, so that we can all be better educated and more knowledgeable.

I am thinking of something along the lines of having a video or chat with one of our many resident experts on a periodic basis. There has already been talk about (and one filming) of a reloading video with Pinnacle. I have learned a great deal from doing competitive shooting and think that it would be a good thing to spread the word about. How would you like a video tour of a number of shooting ranges in the state? Or fireside chats with the politicians that actively support us, or our lawyer friends?

I think that there are a lot of interesting people in and attached to our community, I want to get them talking and see what they have to say.

What do you think of the idea?
Are there other things that you would like to see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:14 pm 
Delicate Flower

How about a library..................hard copy but also online. Andrew has already produced several excellent resource materials. There is plenty out there .............capture it somehow ...somewhere.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 pm 
Journeyman Member

I can see it now: A TCCF Wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:03 am 
Longtime Regular

You could do a FAQ and library spot on the forum!

I like the idea of the reloading and holster making video. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:33 am 

doctor_strangelove wrote:

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki">Wiki's</a> are awesome! If wikipedia can do it, so can we. Self governing content.

I like the idea of videos and informational stuff. <a href="http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3717">Videos</a> like what ryanj found would be awesome. We could even do shorter ones that could be emailed entirely or we could email links to representatives.

I think this is a great idea and it will work well if done right!!! Good idea someone1980!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:17 am 
Journeyman Member

It's pretty trivial to set up a wiki (I ran one for a few months), but they're a bit more time consuming than forums, and 'self-regulating' is sort of a misnomer. Wikis need good editors to manage them, especially because they are written by so many people.

However, a wiki would yield information in a more palatable format than pounding a forum with search queries. I could see a collection of hints, tips, experiences carrying, executed in the spirit of wikipedia's neutral viewpoint (no glocktalk kool-aid), being a decent start to a wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:18 am 
Longtime Regular

The web server just got up last week and I am working through the back log of video. :) There is a lot of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:38 am 
The Man

doctor_strangelove wrote:
Me, too. I just click here.

:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:12 am 
Wise Elder

Start here:
http://www.heartland.org/PolicyBotTopic.cfm?artTopic=53

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 am 
Longtime Regular

There goes a couple weekends. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.