Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 City Councils 
 Post subject: City Councils
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

After reading kimbermans post about the nanny city in action, I was wondering.
How many separate MN cities would there be if a list was made of all the members of this forum (or similar forums) and gun-owning friends of members of this forum?
How many of those individuals would be willing to run for a seat on their city council?

I am not sure what I am getting into, but I think I will do just that. Perhaps I may be able to add a little bit of mass to the other side of the checks and balances machine.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: City Councils
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:21 am 
The Man

KonaSeven wrote:
After reading kimbermans post about the nanny city in action, I was wondering.
How many separate MN cities would there be if a list was made of all the members of this forum (or similar forums) and gun-owning friends of members of this forum?
Not me; I live in Minneapolis, and am to the right (well to the right) of far left, and tilt at enough windmills as it is.

:)

That said, I'd love to see activist gun owners in smaller cities/towns get involved in local government.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 am 
Longtime Regular

I am a councilman in our small city. Our former mayor, one of my closest friends, took his carry class with me. Unfortunately, he died in a helicoptor crash. I sold our new mayor a handgun and am working on him to get his carry permit. everyone knows that I carry at every meeting and are just fine with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 am 
Longtime Regular

I've thought about it.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.