Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Ramsey County Judge II 
 Post subject: Ramsey County Judge II
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 am 

The other day I asked a question in the post about who not to vote for in the up coming primary for Ramsey County judge, nobody answered. So I email the candidate, John Guzik who is also running in the primary, about his views on guns. Here is part of the email he sent back.

"Mr. XXXX

The main opponent I'm facing is Howard Orenstein (who's signs I'm sure you have seen all over your neighborhood). I would note that while he was in the legislature for 10 years he was a HUGE advocate of gun control, and apparently authored several pieces of legislation on that issue. He also adamantly opposed MN's Carry law.

I strongly support the US Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment. I also think that as a judge my job would be to interpret the Constitution and laws and NOT make them up as I go along, effectively legislating from the bench. I have a bunch of hunters on my softball team and they were asking me the same thing...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 am 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I will vote for him for sure.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:22 am 
Wise Elder

TWO people MUST get more votes than Orenstein. Votes for a third candidate make it more likely that Orenstein will be able to "slip" into the top two.

Quote:
Don't dilute the vote, vote only for one of these two excellent candidates.

Don't forget, get even in the low-turnout September 9th primary election.

If your last name starts with A through M, vote for Paul Godfrey. Paul is not an anti-gun politician but is a gun owner and a good lawyer and will be a sound judge.

If your last name starts with N through Z, vote for Gail Chang-Bohr. Gail is not an anti-gun politician but is a good lawyer and will be a sound judge.

This is Minnesota. Everyone lives in Ramsey county OR knows someone who does.

If you live there, vote on September 9th.

If you don't live in Ramsey County, contact someone who does and get them to promise to vote on September 9th. Call 'em again the night before and remind them that ALL Minnesota gun owners are depending on them to vote!

/s/ CCRN-PAC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.