Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mom and Boyfreind charged... 
 Post subject: Mom and Boyfreind charged...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:26 am 
Longtime Regular

in the 3 year old killed by 6 yo sister by handgun in Nerstrand. I have no problems with that, I believe them both to be negiligent. It's just so sad that a $30.00 electronic wall pistol safe could have prevented this disaster.

BUT, I do have a problem, if the Rice county Deputy isn't charged also for negligence (at least). It seems his son commited suicide using his gun, also, in Nerstrand. Please don't flame me here. I feel terrible for these folks, I really do, but it's not fair if this mother and her boyfreind are held acountable in this tragity, while a Sheriffs Deputy, (who definatly should know better), does basically the same thing in leaving a handgun unsecured, and it's swept under the rug.

Comments????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Some things are in fact accidents.

Both cases are tragedies. What good is it going to do to prosecute these folks for being "negligent" because they arguably did not follow our "reasonable" gun control laws?

What can we do about it? Tap them on the wrist, execute them? What will satisfy our righteous indignation?

We can't legislate common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:03 am 
Longtime Regular

True that, but IF Rice county is in fact prosecuting ordinary citizens for this, why is a Rice county deputy NOT? There was absolutely no mention of this in the media, I just think if indeed it's fact, a trained professional, should definately have known better. Agreed that prosecution will serve no purpose, but to make the guilty feel worse along with other family members, but to cover something up isn't right either!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Could you perhaps cite sources and provide links? I'm not familiar with the Rice County story. (I could do the search but months fdrom now when someone comes across this, it would be nice to have an easy way to see what's being discussed)

Thanks,
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Well. I don't have any story from the media, cause there isn't any, on the Suicide. My source is from a relative of the boy. I was mistaken though, as it was the Deputies Step-son, and the "story" goes he got a hold of his handgun. I suppose a suicide is a bit more complicated though than an "accident", with an unsecured weapon, as far as what the media releases to us as the PUBLIC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Age of step-son? Storage practice of the handgun? How did he get a hold of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

boy was 17, but lets just call it rumors for now, as usual this kind of deal usually ends up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.