Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Norm 
 Post subject: Norm
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Someone from Norm's office called today. Wanted to ask me 4 questions.

1. Could Norm count on my vote
2. Could McCain count on my vote
3. and 4. could people I have never heard of count on my vote.

For 1 and 2 I told them to take a look at the NRA ratings and I would *probably* vote that way. As for Norm I didn't know if I was going to vote with the NRA because of the bail out. The guy then said "I have been hearing a lot of that today".

As for 3 and 4 they had me in the wrong district.

At the end of the conversation I told him, and meant, to have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

I sure hope they call me. I'm going to insert the Reciprocity issue as important to me and ask them to note it and pass it along.

Then my answers look surprisingly similar to yours. I've heard some surprisingly scummy things about Norm's past from someone whose honesty I trust. But I think we don't need an out of state Senator running based on past residence here.

That, and I love my country more than I disagree with John McCain on issues. NObama would be a disaster for our country and our 2A rights.

Last edited by plblark on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
I sure hope they call me. I'm going to insert the odd topic Reciprocity issue as important to me ans ask them to note it and pass it along.

Oh crud! I got so excited about the bail out that I forgot about reciprocity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Speaking of Norm, I spent about 10 mins. on the phone with Carl Kole (not sure of spelling) with his campaign asking them to convince me to vote for Norm. He was very nice and straight forward with me. It was a pleasant conversation but I will not be able to vote for Norm. I will also remind you that he also voted, with the president, for prescription drugs back in '03. I am not a one issue voter. An unprincipled politician will change on that issue if they think it is politically expedient to do so IMO. I do not want Franken, but cannot pull the lever for Norm again with a clean conscience. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

jaysong wrote:
I do not want Franken, but cannot pull the lever for Norm again with a clean conscience. :evil:

If you are paying attention, as you obviously are, politics *will* feel dirty when ever you come in contact with it.

Then the question is to cast a vote for Franken or just not vote for that race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
jaysong wrote:
I do not want Franken, but cannot pull the lever for Norm again with a clean conscience. :evil:

If you are paying attention, as you obviously are, politics *will* feel dirty when ever you come in contact with it.

Then the question is to cast a vote for Franken or just not vote for that race.

I will NOT vote for Franken. That would be worse than voting for Norm IMO. I will abstain or write someone in. I am not sure yet.[/i]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

Those who don't want to vote for Norm or Franken could always vote for Barkley. He did pretty good finishing out Wellstones term.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

If the polls are to believed, Barkley is rapidly accelerating in popularity. I really don't know much about him other than he did his best to keep Jesse from looking even more like a complete buffoon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

I hate holding my nose, but here it comes. My vote for Norm is more of an anti Franken vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

sigman wrote:
I hate holding my nose, but here it comes. My vote for Norm is more of an anti Franken vote.

I understand why. All I can say is that you are a tougher guy than me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Does Barkley have a known gun position?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Does Barkley have a known gun position?

The NRA website does not list that person as having a rating.

From his position paper:
Quote:
Constitutional Rights
For 18-Year-Olds:
If 18-year-olds can be sent to fight in a misguided war, there’s no reason they should be denied the right to responsibly consume alcohol.

For the GLBT Community:
It’s long past time to acknowledge that the equal protection clause of the Constitution applies to all Americans, regardless of their sexual orientation, in the same way it applies to all of our citizens regardless of race, religion or gender.

For Gun Owners:
The Second Amendment to our Constitution is just as important as any of the others, so all lawabiding citizens have the right to own and bear arms.

More information here
http://www.senatorbarkley.com/misc/Sena ... Issues.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think I'm liking Barkley more and more.

Norm I don't trust and Franken is even less trust worthy.

I want to kick out all of the politicians and start over in congress and that would have the desired impact :twisted:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 pm 
Poet Laureate

Both Dean Barkley and James Niemackl are excellent choices! I haven't decided which one to choose yet, because they're both that good. It's really nice to finally have the problem of choosing between two good candidates! What a breath of fresh air.

Why would anyone select their breakfast from between two rotten apples when there's fresh fruit on the table? Coleman and Franken are just awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Carbide Insert wrote:
James Niemackl ... excellent choice!

Eww.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.