Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Strib Opinion Letter 11/28/2008 
 Post subject: Strib Opinion Letter 11/28/2008
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:55 am 

"Would someone please tell me why AK-47 assault rifles are legal to own? The only reason an individual would want one is to violently kill or maim someone. If these people are so fearful about threats, retaliation, bodily injury, etc., maybe they should take a long, hard look at their lifestyle. Two young men have been needlessly shot and killed recently due to carelessness and ignorance. These weapons are called assault weapons for a reason."

KARIN WARD, MINNEAPOLIS

Apparently Karin doesn't understand:
A) "Assault Rifles" are not legal. Only assault looking rifles are legal
B) There are "legitimate" reasons for owning sporting rifles.
C) It's not all about "lifestyle"
D) Ignorance like her's is part of the problem.

:roll:

Last edited by PhoneBoy on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Someday it may become necessary to have the ability to defend ones self against multiple attackers. She is obviously a Zombie denier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:30 am 
Longtime Regular

I know of only one case of a person who killed someone recently by an "assault rifle". Maybe that person's "lifestyle" should be looked at.

Felon, banned from possessing a firearm. Did that do any good? It's the person, not the gun.

The other case in the paper recently was a semi-auto handgun that was intentionally pointed at someone and the trigger pulled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 am 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
Someday it may become necessary to have the ability to defend ones self against multiple attackers. She is obviously a Zombie denier.

Please send that into the star libune for a reply. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

The media has perpetuated public fear of so called "assault weapons."
Some of the lesser informed members of the public believe them to be fully auto firearms, as Hollywood and intellectually dishonest anti-gunners portray them to be. Personally, I have no problem with law abiding citizens owning fully automatic firearms, as I think it is our right to do so. However that is another matter. Right now, we need to concentrate on educating the public with the truth about these very popular firearms.

Post subject: Re: Strib Opinion Letter 11/28/2008
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

PhoneBoy wrote:
"Would someone please tell me why AK-47 assault rifles are legal to own? The only reason an individual would want one is to violently kill or maim someone. If these people are so fearful about threats, retaliation, bodily injury, etc., maybe they should take a long, hard look at their lifestyle. Two young men have been needlessly shot and killed recently due to carelessness and ignorance. These weapons are called assault weapons for a reason."

KARIN WARD, MINNEAPOLIS

Apparently Karin doesn't uncerstand:
A) "Assault Rifles" are not legal. Only assault looking rifles are legal
B) There are "legitimate" reasons for owning sporting rifles.
C) It's not all about "lifestyle"
D) Ignorance like her's is part of the problem.

:roll:

Actually, this writer was partially correct in what killed the 2 victims. Carelessness and ignorance killed them. The tool used is not relevant. The unfortunate thing is this writer will never understand why she was only partially correct. All she will ever see is the tool rather than the underlying cause.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

She is also right, on another level.

Quote:
These weapons are called assault weapons for a reason.

The reason is that they were so dubbed by the antis. No others ever used the term assault weapon, until they did. The purpose of this is to create obfuscation, in order to influence public policy.

We know that these guns are no more dangerous than any other sporting arms, and are rarely used in crime. The public is underinformed, and this is nothing more than a blatant attempt to exploit that.

The "reason" is pure propaganda.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Don't confuse them with the facts. They are antis for a reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:36 pm 

gunflint wrote:

:lol: That's great. At last someone else who is unwilling to deny the possibility of zombies!!! My friends make fun of me all the time for planning my escape and defense against an all out zombie attack.
Do YOU have your contingency plan ready?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Zombie Hordes = all the inner city folk who shop for the days 'fresh' dinner on the way home, or dine out for every meal - they have no concept of a pantry, nor purchasing any type of supplies 'just in case'. These are the same folks who will go out to a suburban county to attend the county fair and laught at the 'rube' children that are showing chickens, and rabbits, cows, ducks and pigs - as well as their parents dressed in their oh so out of fashion clothes. They walk though the aisles laughing and muttering "look at these people" to each other... Yes, I've heard them.

They are the ones that will be leaving the cities for the country because "they always have food". They will have nothing but the clothes on their backs. When they steal a chicken (and are lucky enough to not get shot for their trouble) they won't know how to kill it, how to gut it, nor how to butcher it and many will not know how to cook it if they can figure out how to even start a fire.

The scary part is, a mear 3 day disruption in the supply chain will send the zombie hordes on their march.

YES - I believe in the zombie hords!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 am 

Attending/participating in County Fairs has reinforced my fear of those 'Zombie Hordes'. My kids don't seem to see it, much as I didn't when I was their age, but the citidiots do like to point and laugh at us. Those 4H kids can do more with scraps around the house than they can with a no-limit card at Lowe's!
Walk through the 4H exhibit building and see the talent that exists in our youth! I've seen kids make art from garbage, trap and tan hides, make radios, rebuild engines, restore tractors, create go-karts, and make houses for birds, bats, and butterflies! Then you get into the sewing, cooking, canning, and all the things that will make them survive the Zombie attack!
Everyone wants to see the animals. The 4H kids love to keep track of how many people walk up to look and whisper "look at the size of that Bulls _____!" "Did you see that cows ____!" "That sheep/pig sure has big _____!" The kids think these people are hilarious. The State Fair is a real good chance for rural kids to see how ridiculous non-ag people are.
This year I even listened to a group of kids in the livestock barns talk about how 'these people wouldn't have any idea how to turn my steer into food'
So go ahead, let 'em laugh and point. But they better remember that those kids are "bitterly clinging to guns and religion" and know where their food comes from!

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tex wrote:
...Everyone wants to see the animals. The 4H kids love to keep track of how many people walk up to look and whisper "look at the size of that Bulls _____!" "Did you see that cows ____!" "That sheep/pig sure has big _____!" The kids think these people are hilarious. The State Fair is a real good chance for rural kids to see how ridiculous non-ag people are...

One year at the state fair me and some friends were looking at the biggest hog. After joking about his balls, one of us said "There is no way he can walk!" in a joking manner. Some old farmer got all pissed and yelled at us for several minutes about how we didn't know shit about the real world. It was rather surreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 pm 

S.O.B.: I feel I should apologize for all of us who have been at the fair with our animals and kids. We tend to get a little edgy after a few days of state fair. No sleep, kids doing what kids do (after all that's why they wanted to win a trip to the fair), fair food, too hot, too rainy (sometimes both) and the list goes on.

So, sorry for someone coming unglued. But most of the time it is fun to count the number of times you hear and see the comments about the size of that Boars B____'s :oops:

BTW: Next year I'd love to see everyone make the trip up to the other end of the fairgrounds to see the 4H Exhibit building. It is really cool to see what the non-livestock kids are accomplishing! :)

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 pm 

Wow, have I led this into major thread drift. :oops:

Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tex wrote:
BTW: Next year I'd love to see everyone make the trip up to the other end of the fairgrounds to see the 4H Exhibit building. It is really cool to see what the non-livestock kids are accomplishing! :)

Every time I go to a county fair(or the state fair), I hit the 4H buildings. I've been doing that since I was in 4H.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.