Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ammunition Accountability Act 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:25 pm 

First time for everything, but I've e-mailed all of my Reps (unfortunately, Klobuchar is one of them). And honestly, with career politicians (like most of them), I don't think it'll do much good unless it affects them....then they'll act.

Another reason for term limits for both Senators and Congressmen!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:22 pm 

Folks all it takes to get involed is about 5 minutes-- All one needs to do is:

copy and paste the orginal email/post
go to your reps. web page
find the contact part and past the emial into the subject part and add VOTE NO on this issue etc.

As Kimberman says stay in the game, PLEASE

Post subject: Re: Help me, please
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Send out some letters instead of posting or reading the board for a day.

No excuse not to do it Silence means you're happy with the way they run things

MnMonte wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
MnMonte wrote:
...quite honestly I feel it would fall on deaf ears. Not trying to sound defeatist or lazy but I feel I am being realistic. Representation of the people has become sadly nostalgic.

Well, that certainly frees you from any of that pesky "trying" thing. :roll:

Even if you're right, legislators understand "getting re-elected" and "getting defeated," even if they pass on "doing their job."

Get in the game.

" Getting re-elected or getting defeated? Did we all just witness the Franken hijacking? Not to mention pregnant chads , hanging chads, ACORN and all the other voting irregularities that no longer seem to be a irregularity. We are not far from being entirely hypocritical. We would invlove ourselves in third world countries elections just to be certain they were getting it right. Look at our elections as of late.
Get in the game?? The government is not playing a game. They are on a clear path to a specific agenda. Our elected officials from top to bottom are influenced not by constitiuents but by those who got them where they are and who have their ear. If you think thats the voter well then...good luck with that.
Free from that "pesky trying thing"? I understand a united front and all that but, from my recent observations and past experience tell me that I am expecting different results from the same exercise.

Let me add this. Out of a half dozen e mails I sent to Oberstar on specific subjects this is what I got in return:

As your U.S. congressman, I occasionally send out e-mail newsletters, press releases and general information to my constituents to help keep them up to date and informed on my work in Congress and in the district. These updates cover a variety of topics, including rising energy prices, homeland security, defense and veterans, education, health care, and transportation. I am writing to let you know that due to U.S. House of Representative rules concerning communication before elections, there are several blackout periods during election years. During these periods, I will be limited in the ways I can communicate with you.
In order to stay up to date on important information, I encourage you to opt-in to receive my e-mails. By opting-in, you will be able to continue receiving my e-mails even during the blackout periods. Please know that if you opt-in, you can opt-out at any time.
To opt-in, please click on: http://www.oberstar.house.gov/index.asp ... AFORM&SEC={B381A014-201E-42D8-A038-0B17B14A7395}

With best wishes.
Sincerely, James L. Oberstar, M.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 am 

Here's the response I received from Rep. Kohls:

Thanks zimme71. I'm not sure whether the issue will come up, but I appreciate your perspective and agree with you on the issue.

Paul Kohls
State Representative
District 34A
313 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Saint Paul, MN 55155
651-296-4282 (w)
952-443-0048 (h)
651-296-5807 FAX

To sign up for session e-mail updates: www.house.mn/34A

All I received (so far) from Klobuchar was a form e-mail....and nothing from the other two I sent off to yet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 pm 

Here's the response I received today from Amy Klobuchar:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on guns. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important and timely issue.

I believe that the Second Amendment gives our citizens the right to own guns for collection, protection and sport. As the former chief prosecutor of Minnesota's largest county, I have worked to enforce the gun laws already on the books and will continue to support ways to prosecute gun crimes on the federal level. I also support the work being done to ensure adequate background checks for gun purchasers, including potential new requirements regarding mental health background checks.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to do so again.

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Way to avoid the issue, Amy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

zimme71 wrote:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on guns. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important and timely issue.

I believe that the Second Amendment gives our citizens the right to own guns for collection, protection and sport. As the former chief prosecutor of Minnesota's largest county, I have worked to enforce the gun laws already on the books and will continue to support ways to prosecute gun crimes on the federal level. I also support the work being done to ensure adequate background checks for gun purchasers, including potential new requirements regarding mental health background checks.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to do so again.

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

Dear Senator Klobuchar,

Thank you for your timely response to my inquiry. If legislation similar to the ammunition accountability act is introduced, can I put you down as being for or against?

Sincerely,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
Journeyman Member

zimme71 wrote:

Dear Chris:

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

That's exactly the same response I got from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:55 pm 
Wise Elder

Remember to keep FEDERAL Senators and Representatives
separate from
STATE Senators and Representatives.

Federal issues [like the Obama EBR ban] go to FEDERAL Congresspeople.

State issues [like the Ammo bill and the Gun Show bill] go to STATE legislators.

They need separate letters and telephonic contacts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

kimberman wrote:
Remember to keep FEDERAL Senators and Representatives
separate from
STATE Senators and Representatives.

Federal issues [like the Obama EBR ban] go to FEDERAL Congresspeople.

State issues [like the Ammo bill and the Gun Show bill] go to STATE legislators.

They need separate letters and telephonic contacts.

At this point it hasn't been introduced in MN so my feeling is to let all levels of congress (State and Federal) know our opinion on it. I get the feeling it's eventually coming at a Federal level also if it has any success in the states.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.