Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Potential Republican defectors to watch. 
 Post subject: Potential Republican defectors to watch.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 am 
Wise Elder

These Republicans need friendly "shoring up" on the gun issue.

Quote:
In fact, nearly one-quarter Republican Representatives elected in 2008 (11 of 47, 23 percent) hail from districts carried by Barack Obama.

They are: Morrie Lanning (09A), Tim Kelly (28A), Gregory Davids (31B), Tara Mack (37A), Keith Downey (representing former Override 6 District 41A), Jenifer Loon (42B), Sarah Anderson (43A), Tim Sanders (51A), Matt Dean (52B), Carol McFarlane (53B), and Denny McNamara (57B). [Kelly is vulnerable and, I believe, on a key committee.]

· While the average length of service by the Override 6 was 4.5 terms, the average length of service by the Representatives from these 11 districts is just 2.6 terms.

· Five of these legislators have no House voting record to predict future voting behavior as they are beginning their first term in St. Paul: Kelly (28A), Mack (37A), Downey (41A), Loon (42B), and Sanders (51A).

· Davids (31B) and Downey (41A) also represent districts that Obama carried by double-digit margins (11.8 points and 12.6 points respectively).

· Four rookie Representatives won their own House race by less than five points: Kelly (28A), Mack (37A), Downey (41A), and Sanders (51A).

· While none of the Representatives serve districts carried by Al Franken in the U.S. Senate race, Norm Coleman carried the districts of Lanning (09A), Kelly (28A), and Davids (31B) by less than 2.5 points each.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolit ... _three.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

I know Greg Davids personally. He is pro-gun.

Post subject: Potential Republican defectors to watch.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:08 am 

I know Denny personally. He supported the MCPPA both times. I am in contact with him.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

I know Tara Mack very well. I trust her on this issue and if she strays she knows she'll hear from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

No offense, but they need to hear from you all in advance, so they don't even think of straying.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.