Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Firearm Owners Have $1,000,000 Insurance Policies 
 Post subject: Firearm Owners Have $1,000,000 Insurance Policies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:55 am 

Has anyone heard about this before? All we would need is someone here in Minnesota getting ideas. :shock:

Democrat Proposes Law Requiring Firearm Owners Have $1,000,000 Insurance Policies

http://www.infowars.com/democrat-propos ... -policies/

twincitiescarry.com is a very interesting and useful site to me and am glad to be a part of it now.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

Welcome to the forum.

I'll buy firearms insurance right along with my freedom of speech insurance. Just incase I say anything offending to anyone.

April 19, 1775 the strongest military in the world attacked farmers and townspeople formed as militia in Concord. One year, 3 months, and 25,000 american casualties later, we would begin forming a government based on limited powers and individual liberties.

It's your constitution. They died for it. Read it. Know it.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution ... rview.html

http://LibertyMinnesota.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 pm 

Mosin wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

I'll buy firearms insurance right along with my freedom of speech insurance. Just incase I say anything offending to anyone.

Good point!
Although your liability would extend to hurting ones feelings rather than death.
Lets say for example. A bullet goes through your target and hits an innocent.
OR ?, ?, ?, ?

I understand and agree with your statement.
I don't agree with the government telling me what I have to do. That should be left to me and my responsibilities as I see fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 pm 

mnmike59 wrote:
Good point!
Although your liability would extend to hurting ones feelings rather than death.
Lets say for example. A bullet goes through your target and hits an innocent.
OR ?, ?, ?, ?

Then the criminal who forced the situation is held responsible. Or I was negligent and get sued. Neither of these require $1M in insurance.

What if the criminal shoots at me, I move, and the bullet continues on to hit someone else? Should I have insurance for this also. Certainly my actions led to someone getting injured.

April 19, 1775 the strongest military in the world attacked farmers and townspeople formed as militia in Concord. One year, 3 months, and 25,000 american casualties later, we would begin forming a government based on limited powers and individual liberties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 pm 

I absolutely agree with you! No arguments here.
sometimes ya need to think about the prosecutors view. They could give a shit about you or your situation. All they care about is another notch in their belt. For them it's all about how many convictions they have. insurance is just part of helping to minimize out of pocket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Just from the title of this thread, I was thinking that firearm owners were getting policies, in case the goberment would take their guns.

Anyone have that in their policy?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Many of us have our firearms covered under home-owners insurance which compensates against "theft", fire, et all.

The government does not "steal". It confiscates. Big difference. You are not covered for "confiscation", nor will your underwriter protect you for such.

What is being proposed is that you have a policy just in case your guns explode or start firing by themselves. Schumer, Pelosi, and others are concerned about these firearms coming to life and wreaking the kind of serious havoc that only a government should be allowed to inflict. So, they want you to buy and pay for an insurance that addresses this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 am 

Can I get a policy to protect me when my government screws me over with bills like this?

Post subject: Okay
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 pm 

If the Government carries the same insurance for every bad guy.

Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:48 pm 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this given that the existing thread is more about proposed legislation but, I'm visiting with my agent on Tuesday regarding a $1,000,000 policy for coverage in case something were to happen. Does anyone have one of these? Is there anything specific I need to know before I sign the dotted line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

You might find some other info here!
http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10853&highlight=insurance

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject: Re: Insurance
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:10 pm 

Fiasco wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this given that the existing thread is more about proposed legislation but, I'm visiting with my agent on Tuesday regarding a $1,000,000 policy for coverage in case something were to happen. Does anyone have one of these? Is there anything specific I need to know before I sign the dotted line?

I've had a $1M liability Umbrella policy since I've owned my home. I haven't inquired of my agent as to whether it covers negligence from firearms. I don't have my firearms 'registered' with my insurance company anyway. OTOH it has come in handy in an auto accident case (hit from behind while at a stop light) because it provides me with underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.