Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Brady mailer 
 Post subject: The Brady mailer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got some mail from the Bradys today. What is really interesting is that I am not one of those people who gets on their list to keep track of their activities. I can only assume that they are mailing this out to random people throughout Minnesota.

The mailer contains a pair of preprinted petitions "to be forwarded to Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar", a letter from Jim "here I sit in my wheelchair" Brady, a "personal note form Sarah Brady" and a flyer with 10, no, 11 reasons to close the gunshow loophole. they also have a donation form an a prepaid envelope to send the donations to them.

I have never seen this before. I never got any unsolicited premade petition like that. Is this a major deal for them? What is being done to counter it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wait a minute, you mean if they close the gun show loop hole, I am no longer going to be able to get spare parts for my AK's :shock: I'd have to keep buying them online (don't know that I have ever bought a spare part at a gun show for an AK, just use my favorite vendors) . . . and reason 8 on their dowicket . .. . books are bad? 1st amendment? hello?

Wow man. That is amazing. What a sack of doodoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Send a request for more of those pre-paid envelopes. Tell them you have many friends that you just KNOW would be willing to help out with some cash. Stuff them with heavy ceeativity. Send them back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey, I'm seriously thinking about sending them a letter letting them know that I want to close the loophole too!

The loophole that lets Crocodile put up signs telling me I can't carry my own loaded carry gun at a gun show! :twisted:

Fear-mongers, that's all the Brady Bunch is. :evil:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Kinda makes me wish I'd have gotten some of that in the mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
On time out

fill box with rock and rubbish

Affix prepaid return envelope as address mailer.

Drop off at usps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 pm 

mrokern wrote:
Hey, I'm seriously thinking about sending them a letter letting them know that I want to close the loophole too!

The loophole that lets Crocodile put up signs telling me I can't carry my own loaded carry gun at a gun show! :twisted:

-Mark

Uuuhh...Yeah, I noticed that too. I just checked my shirt to make sure everything was covered and proceeded inside.

BTW, that was by far the worst gun show (West Saint Paul Armory) I have ever been to. Some of those a-holes were charging over MSRP on used guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
mrokern wrote:

-Mark

Uuuhh...Yeah, I noticed that too. I just checked my shirt to make sure everything was covered and proceeded inside.

BTW, that was by far the worst gun show (West Saint Paul Armory) I have ever been to. Some of those a-holes were charging over MSRP on used guns.

I tend to ignore the signs entirely. :oops: I've only been challenged once, by one of those crappy cheapo knife dealers (not the ones with the good stuff).

The gunnies always comment positively on my choice of carry gun (I've been carrying a 92FS at all of the shows I've attended), most of them asking what it's loaded with.

Other than the occasional knife, holster, and parts, I really don't find much of interest at those shows either. Probably why I don't go much.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 pm 

mrokern wrote:
djeepp wrote:
mrokern wrote:

-Mark

I tend to ignore the signs entirely. :oops: I've only been challenged once, by one of those crappy cheapo knife dealers (not the ones with the good stuff).

The gunnies always comment positively on my choice of carry gun (I've been carrying a 92FS at all of the shows I've attended), most of them asking what it's loaded with.

Other than the occasional knife, holster, and parts, I really don't find much of interest at those shows either. Probably why I don't go much.

Am I reading this right that you OC at the gun shows you go to? If so, have you never been asked to leave by the establishment being used (convention center, fairgrounds, etc.)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ironically, I've always gone after doing either a range day or IDPA.

I have never been asked to leave, but let me qualify that. I've never OC'ed to any of their shows at larger venues. I know better.

I stick to the smaller ones.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 pm 

djeepp wrote:
...BTW, that was by far the worst gun show (West Saint Paul Armory) I have ever been to. Some of those a-holes were charging over MSRP on used guns.

Hey now, everyone should be happy to buy a new firearm that's been picked up and handled a thousand times before they buy it.

Who can put a value on having someone break in a gun for you...and have a bunch of greasy fingers pre-lubricate the surface it for you. That has to add atleast $100 more than the MSRP!!! :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

1911fan wrote:
fill box with rock and rubbish

Affix prepaid return envelope as address mailer.

Drop off at usps

That's been done too often. Now there's a weight limit on prepaid return mail, I think 2 ounces.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Two ounces is more crack than I could afford :shock:

That is what 1911fan meant right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Franken will be getting some mail from me, but I don't want to flatter him with the title before it's officially conferred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 am 

lance22 wrote:
Franken will be getting some mail from me, but I don't want to flatter him with the title before it's officially conferred.

His title will always be "Leftist, Unfunny, Foul-Mouthed Comedian" to me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.