Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 OC at the End The Fed rally this Saturday. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
Wouldn't this be the same sort of problem you would run into walking in front of the Minneapolis US Postal office?

Unless you enter the building, which is VERY secured... It's not like the Veterans Administration where they have a fence and signs.

The first difference is they know you are coming, why you are coming, and that you oppose their very existence. A public demonstration is a whole other thing.

If you were going to walk past the building on any other day and stay on the sidewalk as you proceeded to your destination I would be pretty agnostic about your carrying, openly or otherwise.

Incidentally, I asked him about other Federal facilities, specifically the Post Office and the Forest Service situation discussed earlier and he recommend to not even try it. It is not a small deal. In the minds of the people employed by the Federal Government, the only people who can carry on Federal Property are cops and Federal officials authorized to do so.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but the people with badges and powers of arrest will turn you into a test case and it will not be a fun or cheap ride.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 am 
Journeyman Member

Carbide Insert wrote:
kimberman wrote:
The Federal Reserve Bank's property is federal property.

Sigh.
If only that were true. :cry:
The Federal Reserve is about as federal as Federal Express. Now, these private bankers no doubt have their property located on federal jurisdiction, but that's an entirely different matter altogether, and, IMHO, is the main reason for the beginning of the downfall of this country in 1913. But I digress.

kimberman wrote:
I would not recommend OC at this event because you are too likely to stray onto federal property.

Sadly, as much as I hate it, this is probably good advice. Though, if one stayed far clear, protested without a doubt on MN land, and had video to back it up... :|
I'm with you in spirit peckerhead! Remember that you're venturing into the belly of the beast; good men have lost their lives taking on central banks, including the Federal Reserve.

:evil: :!: END THE FED :!: :evil:

Well, if I remember right, we got pretty close to the building during the last End the Fed rally. I did not realize their property actually fell under federal jursidiction, and I have absolutely no desire to become a test case.

I'm glad I posted up beforehand....ending up in the Federal Pen would have made for a very bad day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 am 

peckerhead wrote:
... I'm glad I posted up beforehand....ending up in the Federal Pen would have made for a very bad day.

I'm sure we could get enough money together to send you flowers. :P

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:42 pm 
Journeyman Member

Gee....thanks :D

The rally was great; there were maybe 100 to 200 there this time. Rand Paul, who's Ron Paul's son, made an appearance.

We never left the plaza and sidewalk in front of the Federal Reserve building, which is MN land, and I'm thinking OC would have been fine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.