Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 OC at the End The Fed rally this Saturday. 
 Post subject: OC at the End The Fed rally this Saturday.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 am 
Journeyman Member

I'm normally not much for OC, but I thought it'd be really appropriate at this event. Plus, it'd be a great occasion to bust out the low-ride Glock Police holster I bought from Finland last winter.

For those of you that don't know about it already, the rally is at the DT Minneapolis branch of the Federal Reserve, which is at 90 Hennepin Ave, and it starts at noon. The webside is www.endthefed.us .

We should set a time and place to meet up, as I know a few people from the forum are planning on attending. I plan to be there around 10 or 11 am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:54 am 
Wise Elder

The Federal Reserve Bank's property is federal property. The rules are different there.

I would not recommend OC at this event because you are too likely to stray onto federal property.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

My observation is that doing "Open Carry" at the "End the Fed" rally, you guys sort of marginalize both messages.

A casual observer probably won't be persuaded that armed citizens demanding to end the Federal Reserve System are folks with real answers.

It'll be lots of fun, probably, but not persuasive. And it makes it easier for the media to stereotype gunnies as extremists. I'd be careful here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Coincidentally, I just finished having coffee with a security guard from the Federal Reserve about ½ an hour ago.

DO NOT OPEN CARRY AT THE FEDERAL RESERVE.

And I would recommend that you not carry at all if you might happen to step on their grass.

They will pick you up and take you away. And it is very unlikely you will beat the rap. This is not a $25 petty misdemeanor fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Coincidentally, I just finished having coffee with a security guard from the Federal Reserve about ½ an hour ago.

And I would recommend that you not carry at all if you might happen to step on their grass.

They will pick you up and take you away. And it is very unlikely you will beat the rap. This is not a $25 petty misdemeanor fine.

Security guard, or Federal Reserve Police?

That's the other trick, remember that those guys have more than just a company backing them up. They are federal LEOs.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:50 am 

As much as I do enjoy a good OC event, I think I'll pass on this one.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 am 
Poet Laureate

kimberman wrote:
The Federal Reserve Bank's property is federal property.

Sigh.
If only that were true. :cry:
The Federal Reserve is about as federal as Federal Express. Now, these private bankers no doubt have their property located on federal jurisdiction, but that's an entirely different matter altogether, and, IMHO, is the main reason for the beginning of the downfall of this country in 1913. But I digress.

kimberman wrote:
I would not recommend OC at this event because you are too likely to stray onto federal property.

Sadly, as much as I hate it, this is probably good advice. Though, if one stayed far clear, protested without a doubt on MN land, and had video to back it up... :|
I'm with you in spirit peckerhead! Remember that you're venturing into the belly of the beast; good men have lost their lives taking on central banks, including the Federal Reserve.

:evil: :!: END THE FED :!: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 am 
Longtime Regular

+1 I saw this post late last night and would have been the first response. Looks like I was wise to wait for Dean and Carbide to put in their 2 cents. . . as they said it with far less ranting (on both counts) than I woulda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm just thinking "out loud" here, but would it mitigate things to a certain extent if a person who was open carrying on Federal property were wearing a "Carry Badge" on their chest, or in one of those nifty badge holders that you could tuck into your wasteband?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
I'm just thinking "out loud" here, but would it mitigate things to a certain extent if a person who was open carrying on Federal property were wearing a "Carry Badge" on their chest, or in one of those nifty badge holders that you could tuck into your wasteband?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:

Sure, it would add impersonating an officer to your other test case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Traveler wrote:

:cry: Hmmm. I thought I was putting the sarcasm on thick enough to trip over. Oh well. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 pm 

DeanC wrote:

Wouldn't this be the same sort of problem you would run into walking in front of the Minneapolis US Postal office?

Unless you enter the building, which is VERY secured... It's not like the Veterans Administration where they have a fence and signs.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
plblark wrote:
Traveler wrote:

:cry: Hmmm. I thought I was putting the sarcasm on thick enough to trip over. Oh well. :lol:

Well gee, I was thinking I'd where my SWAT outfit and carry my OC my AR. I could do the Blacks & Baclava and the whole 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Macx wrote:
Well gee, I was thinking I'd where my SWAT outfit and carry my OC my AR. I could do the Blacks & Baclava and the whole 9.

Now that is something I would buy a ticket to see! :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.